Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default "Dog Clutch" works great, pictures and video here

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Brid...ntrol-to-Knee/

G code to make it is there, too.

I need to machine the other side, to go into the gear motor.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 22, 12:37*am, Ignoramus562
wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Brid...teract-2-CNC-M...

G code to make it is there, too.

I need to machine the other side, to go into the gear motor.

If you look at the DOG that you worked to match up with, you might
have noticed that the dog you were trying to make a mating piece to
fit, is simply keyed to the shaft that turns the bevel gear.

IOW, All you really may have needed to do was make a sleeve with a key
way broached into it to replace the dog clutch face that you started
with. Pull out the original dog clutch that mates to the crank handle,
and throw it aside.
Make a sleeve with a key way in it to replace the old dog clutch, and
drive the sleeve direct. Much, much simpler, and less of a chain of
backlash.

So sorry I forgot to mention this before, it didn't click with me..
I once faced and solved the same problem, trying to figure out how to
mate up with the dog clutch, then I simply pulled it out, and made a
sleeve to replace it.