Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Seems the Leftwing once again..**** in their hats....

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 22:15:49 -0800, another anonymous poster
wrote:

On 1/18/2011 8:27 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:
"Gunner wrote in message

[CALIFORNIA STATE] COURT INVALIDATES UNCONSTITUTIONAL AMMUNITION
REGULATION STATUTE (AB962)
Calguns Foundation ^ | 1/18/2011 | NA

snip

It's a shame that the NRA has to commit resources fighting attacks on the
Constitution, resources much better used to educate and promote shooting
sports. All this money should go to NRA instructors!

yes, of course you are so right. The next time a 17 year old drops a
backpack in class and the gun inside puts a bullet through the head of a
16 year old girl and grazes the neck of a boy, let us hope that everyone
is armed in that high school class room so they can return fire and
support the second amendment. I am sure that the NRA knows best, and
that the easy and wide spread availability of firearms and bullets, in
every classroom from kindergarten on will lead to a safer and more
prosperous USA.

Will you be there for the NRA induced bloodbath, or will you be telling
us it is not your fault, guns don't kill people, dropped backpacks kill
people?
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/worl...-1225990908341

When I was a kid many years ago, some of us brought guns to school and
kept them in our lockers (unloaded) for when we went hunting after
school. No big deal, nothing clandestine about it.

Nobody ever got shot. Our parents had taught us gun safety and
respect.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote:

Nobody ever got shot. Our parents had taught us gun safety and
respect.

I believe this sums it up nicely.

Thanks!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On 1/18/2011 8:27 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:
. ..

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/worl...rdena-high-sch...

When I was a kid many years ago, some of us brought guns to school and
kept them in our lockers (unloaded) for when we went hunting after
school. *No big deal, nothing clandestine about it.

Nobody ever got shot. Our parents had taught us gun safety and
respect. * *- Hide quoted text -

Your parents were not too smart.

While you may have been trained, others were obviously not trained.

Kids will be kids...things happen.

Your parents should have know that.

Count yourself and your friends lucky that you survived childhood.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner wrote in message

[...]

My mother's high school had a rifle club that met on school property.
It was a Vocational School just outside of Akron where she studied
commercial art, and was a member of the rifle club.

Teflon coated.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner wrote in message

[...]

Yeah, but back then crazy people hadn't learned that they get real
famous real fast if they go out and kill a lot of people. That thought
just never seemed to exist among the insane. Now every insane person
knows that the best way to get their fifteen minutes of fame is to run
up a big body count. Too bad about that. Nothing changes from their
killing sprees but they seem to want to keep doing it anyway. I guess
they think their anger will be reduced if they murder a lot of innocent
people.

In spite of the behavior of the nuts I am one very happy Californian
today. I don't buy handgun ammunition hardly ever so I didn't think the
new law would affect me much. But then I remembered how few places sell
ammunition in my town. I also thought that my choices of what I bought
were going to be severely limited and that the prices would go way up
too. I was thinking of buying some ammo online to get in before the law
took effect. Now that it's been stopped I am very glad. This is the sort
of thing that only the far left liberals want to do. They mean well but
are 100% wrong. For some reason they never seem able to understand that
it isn't the tool that is the problem. It's always the person who is.
Bottom line is stopping this law is "a good thing".

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 1/18/2011 8:27 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:
"Gunner *wrote in message
. ..

[...]

My sixth-grade public school in New Jersey had a rifle club that met
at the rifle range in the school building. I was a member of the rifle
club. This was in the mid-1960s.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 13:03:15 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

wrote:
On 1/18/2011 8:27 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:
"Gunner *wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Count yourself unlucky to have had parents that were inept or didn't
care.

Others (my friends) obviously were trained because there were no
mishaps with guns. Guns were no more remarkable than hunting knives,
axes or hatchets.

My parents were smart enough to function most days. They both
finished 8th grade. And high school. And university, and beyond. Dad
graduated from U of IL, then served as a SeaBee on Guam in WW II. Ma
was an MD trained at UC Berkeley, one of 3 women in her class in the
30's She never made any money but she cured a lot of people -- and
she was quite competent with a rifle.

My parents and the parents of my friends understood that kids will be
kids, so they instilled the skills, discipline and respect we needed
to survive being kids. We definitely raised our share of hell as
rebellious adolescents, and we had enough respect (fear?) of our
parents to make damned sure we didn't get injured or caught. Mostly.
I had no doubt at all that if I ever got my young ass in jail my Dad's
attitude would be that if I deserved to be in jail then so be it,
however disappointing that might be for him. I kept my young ass
outta jail with artful dodging and subtle deceit in pursuit of the
American dream. I later joined the Army, 'Nam.

My buds and I once scaled the 15 foot high cyclone fence with three
strands per side of V barbed wire atop at the U of MI stadium to sneak
into a football game. We're talkin' fence and wire like at Jackson
prison, though without the guards with rifles in towers. Challenge!

We hadda climb quick as a squirrel because there were roving guards.
My buds shredded Levi's and some skin on that razor wire. I was
standing atop the top strand of bobwire with nary a scratch -- when
the wire broke. I broke my leg when I hit the pavement below.

We stayed to see the game. My buds then carried me back to the car,
two on each shoulder and two on each leg. Feet first, of course. The
leg guys had great fun accidentally (oopsie) going on both sides of
street signs. They never really crushed my nuts but they had me
seriously worried a coupla times. They dumped me at home.

Ma had a cake or souffle or something in the oven. I said I thought
I'd broke my leg. She looked. "Could be, Xrays will tell." No
further comment. After a bit: "Ma, it hurts!" "Broken bones do tend
to hurt." No outpouring of maternal concern for my plight in spite of
my folly.

"Ma, shouldn't we do something?" "I have a ---- in the oven, and
they won't do anything at the hospital until the swelling subsides."

I suffered appropriately for my folley.

I think my parents were smart enough to do a decent job of parenting.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 21, 2:22*am, Don Foreman wrote:
On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 13:03:15 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools

wrote:

wrote:
On 1/18/2011 8:27 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:
"Gunner *wrote in message
. ..

[...]

I think my parents were smart enough to do a decent job of parenting.- Hide quoted text -

Okay...let's break down this little rant....

First we have the insult to my parents...typical move of the self
centered closed mind conservative.

Count yourself unlucky to have had parents that were inept or didn't
care.

Next we have the "my tribe is superior to the rest of you dumb
*******s" comment ...again textbook conservative dogma.

Others (my friends) obviously were trained because there were no
mishaps with guns. Guns were no more remarkable than hunting knives,
axes or hatchets.

Now we have the typical "my parents are better than your parents" ploy

My parents were smart enough to function most days. They both
finished 8th grade. And high school. And university, and beyond. Dad
graduated from U of IL, then served as a SeaBee on Guam in WW II. Ma
was an MD trained at UC Berkeley, one of 3 women in her class in the
30's She never made any money but she cured a lot of people -- and
she was quite competent with a rifle.

Next we have several stories describing in detail how lack of parental
supervision leads to juvenile crime

[...]

We now shown a specific example of parental neglect and abuse.

Ma had a cake or souffle or something in the oven. I said I thought
I'd broke my leg. She looked. "Could be, Xrays will tell." No
further comment. After a bit: "Ma, it hurts!" "Broken bones do tend
to hurt." No outpouring of maternal concern for my plight in spite of
my folly.

"Ma, shouldn't we do something?" "I have a ---- in the oven, and
they won't do anything at the hospital until the swelling subsides."

I suffered appropriately for my folley.

And finally we see a son trying to reconcile his love of his parents
with his adult realization that they were found to be lacking...

I think my parents were smart enough to do a decent job of parenting.- Hide quoted text -

So Don...how was my 30 seconds at playing your shrink?

I think you would find therapy would do you some real good...you have
some serious issues.

I suspect that they are rising to the surface because of the stress
you are currently under.

Thanks for giving me insight into why you are the way you are...and
confirmed several of my suspicions.

It also explains why you not only tolerate Gummer's posts but
encourage them..

Good luck with dealing with those personal issues.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 19:29:32 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

Another one of Tom's nyms.

I wonder what his customers would think knowing that he is bipolar.

TMT

Ya think he's PNP or NPN?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 19:27:07 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

Okay...let's break down this little rant....

First we have the insult to my parents...typical move of the self
centered closed mind conservative.

Count yourself unlucky to have had parents that were inept or didn't
care.

TMT: "Your parents were not too smart." Your willingness to
gratuitously insult my parents with zero basis demonstrates
significant shortcoming in your upbringing. Standards of behavior are
taught by example.

Next we have the "my tribe is superior to the rest of you dumb
*******s" comment ...again textbook conservative dogma.

Others (my friends) obviously were trained because there were no
mishaps with guns. Guns were no more remarkable than hunting knives,
axes or hatchets.

Merely an apolitical response to your baseless assertion "others were
obviously not trained." Wrong. They were obviously trained enough to
go afield safely. Their ability to be safe had nothing to do with
their politics, tribes or other affiliations. They knew what they were
doing because someone taught them. That someone was usually a parent,
though not always their parent. My dad mentored a couple of my
classmates who were fatherless for reasons never learned and none of
our beeswax.

Now we have the typical "my parents are better than your parents" ploy

My parents were smart enough to function most days. They both
finished 8th grade. And high school. And university, and beyond. Dad
graduated from U of IL, then served as a SeaBee on Guam in WW II. Ma
was an MD trained at UC Berkeley, one of 3 women in her class in the
30's She never made any money but she cured a lot of people -- and
she was quite competent with a rifle.

Merely response to baseless TMT assertion "your parents weren't too
smart" with facts indicating otherwise. No comparison to your parents
is asserted or implied, but your reaction is an interesting tell.

Next we have several stories describing in detail how lack of parental
supervision leads to juvenile crime

Not in detail, only in summary. Details would be much more
entertaining. But young adventures are not crimes until proven so.
In America, we are presumed innocent until proven guilty.

I certainly didn't spend my adolescent years behind my mommy's apron,
(YMMV) and I definitely raised some hell and had some adventures, but
I have never been arrested, charged with any crime or spent a minute
in jail.

Whether or not I should have is moot: it never happened. Sgt Walton,
the Juvie, wanted my head on his petard real bad and told me flat out
that he'd eventually throw my young ass in jail. It never happened.

Some skills learned during my adolescent adventures transferred
beneficially to activities in my military service.

I served my country with honor and after that held security clearances
high enough that their names and scopes were compartmentalized and
classified. The alphabet agencies thoroughly vet people before
granting such clearances. Criminals, even juvies, don't get
clearances.

We now shown a specific example of parental neglect and abuse.

Is Engrish a second or third langrage for you? Nevamind, you intent is
crear enough.

You are shown a parent showing disapproval for a rambunctious pup's
adventure, mama bear cuffing her cub. Medics won't set a fracture
until the swelling has subsided so it makes no difference where the
wait is done and Ma, understanding triage from her intern ER tour, had
somep'n in the oven at home. More to the point, she conveyed that her
injured pup wasn't suddently the center of the freakin' universe
because he'd collected an owie while misbehaving. Pick yer pony, take
yer ride. Parental starch.

I received excellent care when we did go to the ER. Being accompanied
by a parent who is a doctor accomplishes wonderous things in triage
and afterwards. We were in and out of there like a surgeon with a
golf date.

And finally we see a son trying to reconcile his love of his parents
with his adult realization that they were found to be lacking...

I thought they were lacking when I was an adolescent. I certainly came
to understand otherwise when I became an adult and then a parent.
Maturity may offer you similar insight if you ever achieve it.

So Don...how was my 30 seconds at playing your shrink?

Obviously a leading question troll but since we're playing he I
have to say feeble and absurd. Don't give up your day job.

I think you would find therapy would do you some real good...you have
some serious issues.

So you think there's hope for me? Oh, thank goodness! I wonder if
therapy is covered by Medicare. It certainly isn't covered in VA
benefits, nevermind promises made, unless the vet is destitute and
living in a cardboard box under a bridge. The Obamacare bill
specificaly provides care to illegal immigrants, doesn't mention vets.

I suspect that they are rising to the surface because of the stress
you are currently under.

That's a low blow. Despicable. That goes way over the line from troll
to vermin malice with depraved pounce upon misery of another. Shame
on you. We're done.
---

Other readers: I walked me 3 miles in the corridors of Mercy
hospital today while Mary was getting transfused with two units.
Yesterday's lab results showed that chemo had knocked both white and
red cell counts below acceptable levels so her Dr at Mayo cancelled IV
chemo today and advised us to gae we forth to hospital for two units.
So we did.

That took a while. They infused slowly with regard to cardiac issues.
I delivered her there about 1300, stayed awhile, left to shag Rx meds
and chow for myself, collected Mar at 2305. She's still weak as a
kitten but as feisty as ever and the two units of blood, getting her
hemo up to double digit definitely perked her up.

We're not done yet. Tomorrow: cinnamon donut holes, eyaahhh! Skaty
eight below zero but we're in a warming trend.

She-e-e-esh SHIT! Jim Thompson Electronic Schematics 12 October 5th 08 10:38 PM
OH, SHIT, SORRY SteveB Metalworking 16 August 10th 07 07:28 PM
Where can I take a shit? [email protected] Home Repair 11 October 15th 06 04:47 AM
OT--Aww shit.. Cliff Metalworking 0 April 25th 06 08:34 AM