Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Scary San Bruno Announcement

Just heard a "spokeswoman" from NTSB state that "If you don't know the
pressures that your pipelines are operating under, you may be in danger."

Sorry, lady, but they ain't MY pipelines, and if they were, you can bet I'd
know what pressures they were running, or that government regulators would
be crawling all over them and my books demanding to know why I didn't.

Just like always with government agencies.

With all the government regulations involved in Twinkies in school, whether
or not I need to wear a seatbelt on I-5, and how much I should be taxed on
my Social Security income, I find it totally ludicrous that we are told that
"we" need to know the operating pressures of DOT NTSB regulated buried
pipelines, and their dangers. Excuse me, but isn't that THEIR jobs, and
what we are taxed on to pay for supervision?

What about the NTSB, DOT, ICC, OSHA .................................... AND
ON.................AND ON ........................AND ON ..................
AND ON?

What are these people getting paid for, and where the hell are they?

Oh, dang, I forgot. They're in Hawaii with Barry.

Oh, dopey me.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:
[...]

Well, it's rare that I actually defend a government agency...

The NTSB has *no*, nadda, zip authority to make
rules, laws or change the way *anything* is done.

They just investigate, usually with a high degree
of competence and impartiality. They make
recommendations, usually to the FAA, but also to
other government agencies and to congress. They
have no control on whether their recommendations
are ignored or acted upon.

Given that, perhaps the spokeswomans' remarks are
a little more understandable.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
[...]

But it was on the radio, and must be true ..............

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"Steve B" wrote:

[...]

Here's the LA Times article:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...urgent-reccome
ndations-in-wake-of-san-bruno-explosion.html

Erik