Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Can caulk be microwaved?

I just got some caulk from the garage, a new tube of silicone. It was
fairly cold in the garage, and the caulk is about 40 degrees. I put it a
safe distance from the woodburning stove to warm up. I was wondering in the
future ........ could I heat it up in the microwave?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Yes, caulk can be microwaved.

Should caulk be microwaved? I don't think so, myself.

It might cure in the tube, it might burst inside the microwave. It
could catch fire, too, which could be interesting - as in "may you
live in interesting times". Or it could just emit all manner of
toxic fumes and compounds - that might not be a good thing if you want
to use the microwave, or the kitchen, or the house, again.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich