Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Very generuos seller

Here's a $1,399 Harbor Freight log splitter. The seller "changed oil
regularly" and wants ONLY $1,250!

What a great discount to the new price, and the oil was "changed
regularly" too...

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/2139789413.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus17686" wrote in message
Here's a $1,399 Harbor Freight log splitter. The seller "changed oil
regularly" and wants ONLY $1,250!

What a great discount to the new price, and the oil was "changed
regularly" too...

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/2139789413.html

Don't laugh too soon. There may be a sucker out there biting right now.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 2, 1:18*pm, Ignoramus17686 ignoramus17...@NOSPAM.
17686.invalid wrote:
Here's a $1,399 Harbor Freight log splitter. The seller "changed oil
regularly" and wants ONLY $1,250!

What a great discount to the new price, and the oil was "changed
regularly" too...

* * * * * *http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/2139789413.html

I see on a regular basis sellers offering HF equipment on CL at
premium prices.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 2, 11:18*am, Ignoramus17686 ignoramus17...@NOSPAM.
17686.invalid wrote:
Here's a $1,399 Harbor Freight log splitter. The seller "changed oil
regularly" and wants ONLY $1,250!

What a great discount to the new price, and the oil was "changed
regularly" too...

* * * * * *http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/2139789413.html

I used to know this old guy at retirement home. He was a one time
metal head and as such, was one of the few people who actually knew
what I was talking about when the discussion turned to cutting metal.

He also acted as kind of an unpaid personal psychiatrist. I would
explain
how I was totally ****ed off with one of my daughters or one of the
guys at
the club or...

Then he would often ask in all seriousness: "Did it do you any good?"

So if I may suggest... :-)

And further comment...

There are turkeys in the world. Wishing that they would fly like
falcons
strikes me as somewhat unproductive.

I know. This and 50 cents won't even get you a cup of coffee these
days.
But I would like to think that some good will come of it.

DOC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 13:18:57 -0600, Ignoramus17686
wrote:

Here's a $1,399 Harbor Freight log splitter. The seller "changed oil
regularly" and wants ONLY $1,250!

What a great discount to the new price, and the oil was "changed
regularly" too...

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/2139789413.html

The local favorite is a 4.5" Mastercraft angle grinder which people on
Craig's list want $40+ for, claiming "new for $49.95".

The same item comes on sale at Canadian Tire every two months or so
for $20.

I have never understood the Craig's list etiquette. Do people really
think they will get the prices they ask for?

BTW I note the guy did not insert a picture of *his* log splitter but
gave link to HF picture :-)

Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Here's a $1,399 Harbor Freight log splitter. The seller "changed oil
regularly" and wants ONLY $1,250!

What a great discount to the new price, and the oil was "changed
regularly" too...

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/2139789413.html

The local favorite is a 4.5" Mastercraft angle grinder which people on
Craig's list want $40+ for, claiming "new for $49.95".

The same item comes on sale at Canadian Tire every two months or so
for $20.

I have never understood the Craig's list etiquette. Do people really
think they will get the prices they ask for?

BTW I note the guy did not insert a picture of *his* log splitter but
gave link to HF picture :-)

Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

I have sold some items on craigslist for remarkable prices. It all depends
on the item, the buyer, and the need, just as on ebay. There are things out
there that are hard to get, have high shipping charges, are bulky, or are in
some way more attractive to buy locally. But these items we're talking
about aren't in that category, except for the stupid buyer part.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

We have a few people posting the same overpriced ad for years. No
kidding. One guy kept trying to sell his stuff for 3 years, saying
"moving, must sell".

So, the "stupid buyers" may be missing here.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

It's like elk hunting, ig. All it takes is one dumb elk, and BAM, you're
done.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

"It is morally wrong to allow a sucker to keep his money." ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Here's a $1,399 Harbor Freight log splitter. The seller "changed oil
regularly" and wants ONLY $1,250!

What a great discount to the new price, and the oil was "changed
regularly" too...

* * * * *http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/2139789413.html

The local favorite is a 4.5" Mastercraft angle grinder which people on
Craig's list want $40+ for, claiming "new for $49.95".

The same item comes on sale at Canadian Tire every two months or so
for $20.

I have never understood the Craig's list etiquette. Do people really
think they will get the prices they ask for?

BTW I note the guy did not insert a picture of *his* log splitter but
gave link to HF picture :-)

Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

If he would have had to do the work for a original picture, he would
have had to raise the price. ;)

TMT

For seller Mr. Harry Metalworking 0 August 26th 09 02:54 PM
New Seller on the Market JD Woodturning 8 February 16th 07 04:43 PM
I bought one of the same seller The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 0 October 11th 06 11:42 PM
Got to be a scam seller? The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 9 September 3rd 06 02:55 PM
My rights as a seller jj Home Ownership 4 November 2nd 04 05:04 PM