Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Death on the Border

On 12/28/2010 3:17 PM, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
"Jim wrote in message

I think if you were to check the gun laws in this country you would
find that there are PLENTY of regulations regarding the sale of guns.
Far more than we need. Obviously, you are of the opinion that laws
stop criminals.

Yet we still have one of the very highest homicide rates of any civilized
country.

Not really, only if you compare gun deaths to gun deaths. Other places
just use other means.

In Britain, they're after knives, since strict gun control left knives
the only self defense option, except of course for criminals, who still
have guns.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim wrote in message

I think if you were to check the gun laws in this country you would
find that there are PLENTY of regulations regarding the sale of guns.
Far more than we need. Obviously, you are of the opinion that laws
stop criminals.

Yet we still have one of the very highest homicide rates of any civilized
country.

Not really, only if you compare gun deaths to gun deaths. Other places
just use other means.

In Britain, they're after knives, since strict gun control left knives
the only self defense option, except of course for criminals, who still
have guns.

David

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate

Rather fascinating reading, when one considers how many of those
countries at the top have strict gun control.....

It may be a hammer, a chunk of stone, a blade, a tire iron, a gallon of
gas or a Kalishnakov....but it will still kill well.

Gunner

difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind
boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it."

--Gene Spafford, 1992