Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Casualties

On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 18:06:33 -0700, robert bowman
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Because we won in Iraq and are now fighting in Afghanistan.

Won? I won't go into whether it cost trillions or merely billions, but
exactly what did the US win? Hanging one tinhorn dictator so you can
replace him with an equally dubious scumbag isn't exactly winning.

How big is the Taliban presence in Iraq these days?

Are the Marsh Arabs still alive?

Do the Kurds still live?

Gunner

--
"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Because we won in Iraq and are now fighting in Afghanistan.

Won? I won't go into whether it cost trillions or merely billions,
but exactly what did the US win? Hanging one tinhorn dictator so
you can replace him with an equally dubious scumbag isn't exactly
winning.

How big is the Taliban presence in Iraq these days?

Are the Marsh Arabs still alive?

Do the Kurds still live?

Do the Arabs finally have their first democracy?

I've been asking people for 9 years, what is their Long Term Strategy for
Ending Terrorism That Doesn't Involve Political Change in the Arab World,
and I haven't heard a description of it yet.

We can't win in Afghanistan. No one ever could. And when Afghanistan had
an election nobody cared, but the following year when Iraq had an election
the democratic movements in Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, and Saudi Arabia got
motivated. People in Syria spoke openly against the Baath party. The
insurgency that followed and Syria's assassinations in Lebanon were arranged
for the very purpose of ending that movement. But they only quashed the
spurious short term response to Iraq's elections. In the long run the
movement will be encouraged.

Not withstanding the left's incapacity to grasp either what kind of man
Saddam was, or the fact that the ability to make WMD was always the issue
and the presence of old stockpiles never was, he would have had the
sanctions lifted several years by now if he survived, and his NBC program
would be fully funded.

That being said, the OP is idiotic as well as disingenuous. Of course
Afghanistan has heated up now. We never should have gone there, but the
public would have demanded it so it's neither president's fault.

zero, and remove the last word.

Casualties Jeff M Metalworking 0 December 6th 10 01:15 AM
IMMEDIATE RELEASE DoD Identifies Army Casualties Sgt. Dale G. Brehm, 23, of Turlock, Calif. Woodworking 0 March 22nd 06 04:44 PM
IMMEDIATE RELEASE DoD Identifies Army Casualties Pfc. Peter D. Wagler, 18, of Partridge, Kan. 2006.2237.98.000 Woodworking 0 January 26th 06 12:45 AM
IMMEDIATE RELEASE DoD Identifies Army Casualties Staff Sgt. Lance M. Chase, 32, of Oklahoma City, Okla. 2006.2237.98.000 Woodworking 0 January 26th 06 12:45 AM
First I want to apologize. Anyone can make mistakes, just ask George Bush. So from this point forward I will no longer be posting the US Casualties count. 1369.44.49.110 Woodworking 16 December 17th 05 10:33 PM