Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shelves for the shed

Got some galvanized wire shelves at an auction for the shed.

They are McMaster item 5101T81, but with 5-6 shelves each instead of 4.

They have a 600 lbs capacity per shelf, adjustable height, 60 inch
wide and 5 inch tall. I may need to cut off a few inches from the
top.

Made my Metro Shelving.

I got five of them, but due to their huge size could use only 3.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus2168" wrote in message
Got some galvanized wire shelves at an auction for the shed.

They are McMaster item 5101T81, but with 5-6 shelves each instead of 4.

They have a 600 lbs capacity per shelf, adjustable height, 60 inch
wide and 5 inch tall. I may need to cut off a few inches from the
top.

Made my Metro Shelving.

I got five of them, but due to their huge size could use only 3.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Life keeps dealing you one turd after another.
Donnit?
(bseg)
Art

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-10-16, Artemus wrote:

"Ignoramus2168" wrote in message
Got some galvanized wire shelves at an auction for the shed.

They are McMaster item 5101T81, but with 5-6 shelves each instead of 4.

They have a 600 lbs capacity per shelf, adjustable height, 60 inch
wide and 5 inch tall. I may need to cut off a few inches from the
top.

Made my Metro Shelving.

I got five of them, but due to their huge size could use only 3.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Life keeps dealing you one turd after another.
Donnit?
(bseg)

I did not even realize they were this big (60x24 inch). I thought they
were 36x18 when I was bidding.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 15, 9:34*pm, Ignoramus2168
wrote:
Got some galvanized wire shelves at an auction for the shed.

They are McMaster item 5101T81, but with 5-6 shelves each instead of 4.

Are you sure they are galvanized? The ones I have are chromed, and
eventually dampness rusts them.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Got some galvanized wire shelves at an auction for the shed.

They are McMaster item 5101T81, but with 5-6 shelves each instead of 4.

Are you sure they are galvanized? The ones I have are chromed, and
eventually dampness rusts them.

Jim, you may be right, they might be chromed. I will double check
tomorrow during the day.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-10-16, Artemus wrote:

"Ignoramus2168" wrote in message
Got some galvanized wire shelves at an auction for the shed.

They are McMaster item 5101T81, but with 5-6 shelves each instead of 4.

They have a 600 lbs capacity per shelf, adjustable height, 60 inch
wide and 5 inch tall. I may need to cut off a few inches from the
top.

Made my Metro Shelving.

I got five of them, but due to their huge size could use only 3.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Life keeps dealing you one turd after another.
Donnit?
(bseg)

I did not even realize they were this big (60x24 inch). I thought they
were 36x18 when I was bidding.

I use a 4 shelf 24x60 Metro shelf unit in my living room for my
entertainment center (TV, DVD, surround receiver, etc.). Try using the
other units in your shop. The 1" adjustibility makes them work well for
a lot of shop stuff and the wire format doesn't collect much
dust/chips/debris.

Which paint for shelves? NoSpam UK diy 5 March 22nd 07 12:10 AM
How to fix laminate shelves BN Home Repair 1 October 2nd 05 06:43 PM
Looong shelves - how? Dukester Woodworking 21 June 19th 05 07:22 PM
What do you put on your cabnet shelves Brett Miller Home Repair 14 April 20th 05 06:22 PM
suspended shelves: what to use for wide shelves? Julian Bradfield UK diy 12 January 11th 05 03:33 PM