Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default VFD running 5 pumps?

Is it possible to run say five 2hp blowers or pumps from one 10hp VFD?
I read about "Multiple Motors" where the VFD can turn on additional
motors if the "master" is max'd out and the control is calling for more
flow; but I just want all five of the pumps to start & stop together and run
at the same speed. (Five identical tanks.)
I guess I'm just wondering if there is some kind of "feedback" or
"inductance" problem that would prevent all of them from running off of one
drive?
Thanks in advance,
David

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-10-04, David Courtney wrote:
Is it possible to run say five 2hp blowers or pumps from one 10hp VFD?
I read about "Multiple Motors" where the VFD can turn on additional
motors if the "master" is max'd out and the control is calling for more
flow; but I just want all five of the pumps to start & stop together and run
at the same speed. (Five identical tanks.)
I guess I'm just wondering if there is some kind of "feedback" or
"inductance" problem that would prevent all of them from running off of one
drive?

It should work fine. But do not turn them on and off individually.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-10-04, David Courtney wrote:
Is it possible to run say five 2hp blowers or pumps from one 10hp
VFD?
I read about "Multiple Motors" where the VFD can turn on additional
motors if the "master" is max'd out and the control is calling for more
flow; but I just want all five of the pumps to start & stop together and
run
at the same speed. (Five identical tanks.)
I guess I'm just wondering if there is some kind of "feedback" or
"inductance" problem that would prevent all of them from running off of
one
drive?

It should work fine. But do not turn them on and off individually.

Thanks.
I wouldn't shut them down or turn them on individually, except if a pump
motor failed and tripped it's own breaker.

Got Pumps ? Snag[_3_] Metalworking 7 May 4th 10 12:06 AM
Tempstar Heat Pumps secondary heat isn't running during its DefrostCycle usethisone2007 Home Repair 0 February 27th 09 01:22 AM
Pumps Jonathan UK diy 10 November 1st 07 12:12 AM
Running Heat Pumps at Night Tony[_5_] Home Ownership 0 October 23rd 07 04:17 PM
Running hydraulic pumps backwards? Proctologically Violated©® Metalworking 17 January 29th 06 01:34 AM