Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default CNC BP for $1200 DFW

Not mine - Dallas Craigslist

Iggy, is this like yours?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/tls/1981631498.html

--
I can see November from my front porch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

RBnDFW wrote:

Not mine - Dallas Craigslist

Iggy, is this like yours?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/tls/1981631498.html

That's the older stepper driven version.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-09-30, RBnDFW wrote:
Not mine - Dallas Craigslist

Iggy, is this like yours?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/tls/1981631498.html

It is not like mine, mine is better IMHO (servos instead of steppers
and overall better made), but it is a great deal, esp. if it works.

I would grab it if I did not have a CNC mill already.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

RBnDFW wrote:
Not mine - Dallas Craigslist

Iggy, is this like yours?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/tls/1981631498.html

Nope, that's a Bridgeport BOSS, Iggy has a servo-driven machine
originally with
a Heidenhain control. Much better setup for a retrofit. The steppers
on the old
BOSS machines were not the best, and Bridgeport's electronics were something
out of an old movie (horror genre). This also appears to be a Series-I
machine,
Iggy's is a Series-II (bigger).

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-10-04, Jon Elson wrote:
RBnDFW wrote:
Not mine - Dallas Craigslist

Iggy, is this like yours?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/tls/1981631498.html

Nope, that's a Bridgeport BOSS, Iggy has a servo-driven machine
originally with a Heidenhain control. Much better setup for a
retrofit. The steppers on the old BOSS machines were not the best,
and Bridgeport's electronics were something out of an old movie
(horror genre). This also appears to be a Series-I machine, Iggy's
is a Series-II (bigger).

Yes.

I personally love my machine, it is 2.5 tons of pure beauty and
retrofit convenience. All in all, retrofitting was a lot of work, but
it was relatively straightforward and much of the time I spent
learning the basics.

The only thing that I could not figure out, was tuning my amps in
velocity mode, I just gave up on it right now and run in torque mode.

ATM, the priority is to free up half of my garage for my wife. It is
actually going well, turns out that about half of the stuff I did not
need, I added some extra cabinets on my side and I want everything to
be neatly organized and all flat surfaces to be free of clutter.

Moen 1200 Cartridge - Which way is up? [email protected] Home Repair 8 January 15th 21 03:31 AM
AKAI AA-1200/1175 [email protected] Electronics Repair 4 June 16th 07 11:59 AM
HF 1200 CFM DC cc Woodworking 13 May 3rd 07 06:41 PM
$1200 dkhedmo Home Repair 23 September 26th 06 06:55 AM
Compaq 1200 laptop Plexaglass Electronics Repair 0 October 3rd 04 05:02 PM