Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus8793 Ignoramus8793 is offline

Default CNC BP for $1200 DFW

On 2010-10-04, Jon Elson wrote:
RBnDFW wrote:
Not mine - Dallas Craigslist

Iggy, is this like yours?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/tls/1981631498.html

Nope, that's a Bridgeport BOSS, Iggy has a servo-driven machine
originally with a Heidenhain control. Much better setup for a
retrofit. The steppers on the old BOSS machines were not the best,
and Bridgeport's electronics were something out of an old movie
(horror genre). This also appears to be a Series-I machine, Iggy's
is a Series-II (bigger).

Yes.

I personally love my machine, it is 2.5 tons of pure beauty and
retrofit convenience. All in all, retrofitting was a lot of work, but
it was relatively straightforward and much of the time I spent
learning the basics.

The only thing that I could not figure out, was tuning my amps in
velocity mode, I just gave up on it right now and run in torque mode.

ATM, the priority is to free up half of my garage for my wife. It is
actually going well, turns out that about half of the stuff I did not
need, I added some extra cabinets on my side and I want everything to
be neatly organized and all flat surfaces to be free of clutter.