Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Need some 3200 bearings

On 2010-09-14, Gunner Asch wrote:
Im getting ready to replace the bearings in my Hardinge HLV-H threading
gearbox and am having a bit of a difficulty finding "3200" bearings
online. I keep coming across "double row angular contact" ..which is a
bit odd as these appear to be simple single row shielded bearings.

Mcmaster has them for not too much. Open, shielded and rubber
sealed. $26-29 each

Does anyone have a Cheap source and does anyone have a listing of actual
bearing numbers that make up the bearings in an Hardinge HLV-H threading
gearbox?

Id rather not take each assembly apart and toss em into a
box...brrr!....I want to buy the bearings, and rebuild each individual
cluster and then stick it back into the machine.

There may..may be other bearing numbers needed..hence my request for
bearing list. Ive not pulled all the clusters out. The two that I have
pulled..have gritty bearings..nasty.

if you want to sell the lathe, it always helps to have receipts from mcmaster
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 17:02:15 -0500, Ignoramus5013

On 2010-09-14, Gunner Asch wrote:
Im getting ready to replace the bearings in my Hardinge HLV-H threading
gearbox and am having a bit of a difficulty finding "3200" bearings
online. I keep coming across "double row angular contact" ..which is a
bit odd as these appear to be simple single row shielded bearings.

Mcmaster has them for not too much. Open, shielded and rubber
sealed. $26-29 each

$28 each????? For those little bearings? And I need (9) of them?

Not bloodly likely.

According to the Hardinge Parts List...chuckle... I need:
(9) TL-6617
(1) TL-6618
(1) TL-6616

The only bearing I could actually read the number on said it was a 3200.

About 1" od, 3/8 ID, metal shielded. Aprox.

Gunner

Does anyone have a Cheap source and does anyone have a listing of actual
bearing numbers that make up the bearings in an Hardinge HLV-H threading
gearbox?

Id rather not take each assembly apart and toss em into a
box...brrr!....I want to buy the bearings, and rebuild each individual
cluster and then stick it back into the machine.

There may..may be other bearing numbers needed..hence my request for
bearing list. Ive not pulled all the clusters out. The two that I have
pulled..have gritty bearings..nasty.

if you want to sell the lathe, it always helps to have receipts from mcmaster

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-09-14, Gunner Asch wrote:
Im getting ready to replace the bearings in my Hardinge HLV-H threading
gearbox and am having a bit of a difficulty finding "3200" bearings
online. I keep coming across "double row angular contact" ..which is a
bit odd as these appear to be simple single row shielded bearings.

Mcmaster has them for not too much. Open, shielded and rubber
sealed. $26-29 each

$28 each????? For those little bearings? And I need (9) of them?

Not bloodly likely.

According to the Hardinge Parts List...chuckle... I need:
(9) TL-6617
(1) TL-6618
(1) TL-6616

The only bearing I could actually read the number on said it was a 3200.

About 1" od, 3/8 ID, metal shielded. Aprox.

3200 is an obsolete New Departure number for a plain-jane 10x30x9mm
6200 bearing. 6200ZZ is double shielded. About $2.50 to $6.00
depending on brand.

Email an RFQ to Motion Industries -- they show a couple hundred in
stock.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ned Simmons wrote in
:
3200 is an obsolete New Departure number for a plain-jane 10x30x9mm
6200 bearing. 6200ZZ is double shielded. About $2.50 to $6.00
depending on brand.

Email an RFQ to Motion Industries -- they show a couple hundred in
stock.

Almost. 3200 is 14.3 wide. 6200 is 9 wide. This is probably a
substitution I would make but a bit of time making shaft and housing
spacers the trade off for a more common bearing.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 01:55:19 GMT, Charles U Farley
wrote:

Ned Simmons wrote in
:
3200 is an obsolete New Departure number for a plain-jane 10x30x9mm
6200 bearing. 6200ZZ is double shielded. About $2.50 to $6.00
depending on brand.

Email an RFQ to Motion Industries -- they show a couple hundred in
stock.

Almost. 3200 is 14.3 wide. 6200 is 9 wide. This is probably a
substitution I would make but a bit of time making shaft and housing
spacers the trade off for a more common bearing.

The 14mm wide bearing is a double row angular contact bearing, Gunner
says he has a single row conrad bearing. In addition to ND using 3200,
other mfrs have used 200, 1200, and 43200 as part numbers for the
6200.

--
Ned Simmons

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2010-09-14, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

3200 is 14.3 millimeter wide.

Email an RFQ to Motion Industries -- they show a couple hundred in
stock.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 21:32:55 -0500, Ignoramus5013

On 2010-09-15, Ned Simmons wrote:

3200 is an obsolete New Departure number for a plain-jane 10x30x9mm
6200 bearing. 6200ZZ is double shielded. About $2.50 to $6.00
depending on brand.

3200 is 14.3 millimeter wide.

Nope, a 3200 double row angular contact bearing is equal to a 5200 and
14.3mm wide. A New Departure 3200 single row conrad (deep groove)
bearing is 9mm wide and the same as a 6200.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2010-09-14, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

Many many thanks!!! I was wondering why I couldnt find any data on the
3200 bearing..other than "double row angular contact"......and they were
simply way way too small for being them.

Ill pick up 10 of the $2.50 bearings. I should be able to buy a stack of
em cheap.

Something tells me Ive already got a tube of them "somewhere"...but
where..that is indeed the question. Shrug..for $25..Im golden. The
remaining two bearings...No idea of what they are..or even where in the
gear box they are. While its a moderately simple gear box...one has to
stuff 3 shafts in at the same time and get everything lined up..then tap
the end bearings on one end in place..with luck before you can even
think about installing the end plate.

Ill try Thompson Industrial or even Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-6200-ZZ-Z-Pre...-/370258701952

Think these are good enough?

Tons of 6200 bearings on ebay. I suppose rubber shielded would be ok as
well?

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 01:55:19 GMT, Charles U Farley
wrote:

Ned Simmons wrote in
:
3200 is an obsolete New Departure number for a plain-jane 10x30x9mm
6200 bearing. 6200ZZ is double shielded. About $2.50 to $6.00
depending on brand.

Email an RFQ to Motion Industries -- they show a couple hundred in
stock.

Almost. 3200 is 14.3 wide. 6200 is 9 wide. This is probably a
substitution I would make but a bit of time making shaft and housing
spacers the trade off for a more common bearing.

My bearings are 9mm wide.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2010-09-14, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-6200-2RS-RS-S...-/380267913957

good enough to sell the HLV-H on ebay

Tons of 6200 bearings on ebay. I suppose rubber shielded would be ok as
well?

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2010-09-14, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

I got the cross out of a bearing interchange manual that I've had
since about 1977. New Departure doesn't exist as a manufacturer any
more, but they tended to use odd nomenclature. They also made a lot of
oddball bearings that are difficult and/or expensive to source these
days.

Ill pick up 10 of the $2.50 bearings. I should be able to buy a stack of
em cheap.

Something tells me Ive already got a tube of them "somewhere"...but
where..that is indeed the question. Shrug..for $25..Im golden. The
remaining two bearings...No idea of what they are..or even where in the
gear box they are. While its a moderately simple gear box...one has to
stuff 3 shafts in at the same time and get everything lined up..then tap
the end bearings on one end in place..with luck before you can even
think about installing the end plate.

Ill try Thompson Industrial or even Ebay.

I thought sure you'd rise to my bait. ("Email an RFQ to Motion
Industries...") g

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-6200-ZZ-Z-Pre...-/370258701952

Think these are good enough?

I'd think so. Unless you do an awful lot of threading the bearings are
more likely to go bad from sitting and collecting crud than from
wearing out.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2010-09-14, Gunner wrote:
[...]

Isn't that the bearing used in skateboards and inline skates?

--
I can see November from my front porch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Or here's some Nachi bearings made in Japan, item # 360244514608
Significantly more than the others, but still cheaper than the $10 VXB
bearings...

Jon