Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Need some 3200 bearings

On 2010-09-14, Gunner Asch wrote:
Im getting ready to replace the bearings in my Hardinge HLV-H threading
gearbox and am having a bit of a difficulty finding "3200" bearings
online. I keep coming across "double row angular contact" ..which is a
bit odd as these appear to be simple single row shielded bearings.

Mcmaster has them for not too much. Open, shielded and rubber
sealed. $26-29 each

Does anyone have a Cheap source and does anyone have a listing of actual
bearing numbers that make up the bearings in an Hardinge HLV-H threading
gearbox?

Id rather not take each assembly apart and toss em into a
box...brrr!....I want to buy the bearings, and rebuild each individual
cluster and then stick it back into the machine.

There may..may be other bearing numbers needed..hence my request for
bearing list. Ive not pulled all the clusters out. The two that I have
pulled..have gritty bearings..nasty.

if you want to sell the lathe, it always helps to have receipts from mcmaster