Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mac mac is offline

Default Summer projects

Previously, I post about a sprinkler booster pump project I tried.
Also I have posted about cordless lawnmower and a snow blower
converted to cordless. Still working on the snow blower. The rpm of
the motor used, a scooter motor, fitted the existing mounts but the
rpm was too low. I now have a second cordless lawnmower that I had
plan to convert. In the meantime, I put a 15 watt solar panel on a
shed and wired in to charge the 24 volt cordless lawnmower with two 12
volt replacement batteries. All is on this web page
http://www.billcotton.com/my_garden.htm
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mac mac is offline

On Sep 6, 2:44*pm, Brian Lawson wrote:
On Mon, 6 Sep 2010 08:17:15 -0700 (PDT), mac

wrote:
Previously, I post about a sprinkler booster pump project I tried.
Also I have posted about cordless lawnmower and a snow blower
converted to cordless. Still working on the snow blower. The rpm of
the motor used, a scooter motor, fitted the existing mounts but the
rpm was too low. I now have a second cordless lawnmower that I had
plan to convert. In the meantime, I put a 15 watt solar panel on a
shed and wired in to charge the 24 volt cordless lawnmower with two 12
volt replacement batteries. All is on this web page
http://www.billcotton.com/my_garden.htm

Hey Bill,

I think your "free-wheeling" tandem bike pedals are pretty neat too.
Well done!

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Thanks; that was the excuse to buy the machine. The bike shop wanted 5
hundred dollars, the two makers at the time only sold through LBS. At
one shop the wrench said; “it is only two BMX free wheeler that makes
it work”. I was ready to do some machining and bolt circle work for
fun, after being retired a few years. It used many of my machine shop
skills and some luck. The machine has paid for itself many time over,
in make impossible replacement parts and replacing metal pin and
pivots where no pin or plastic was used.

Another good summer day Don Foreman Metalworking 2 July 9th 09 03:30 PM
Getting organized for the summer isabella Home Repair 1 June 15th 07 11:39 PM
Summer Golan UK diy 3 April 26th 07 10:16 AM
Summer Golan UK diy 17 April 26th 07 01:02 AM
summer fan [email protected] Home Repair 6 July 23rd 06 11:42 PM