Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Solar Power

Something not noticed before. While checking on my PV solar system
performance, I have been recording the SCE meter readings, so when I saw the
meter reader come to the house, I waited until he left then went out and
took my readings. Voila when the bill came the meter reading cited was
quite a bit bigger than what I had seen. Further exam of the bill showed
that the reading was "Estimated". SCE was contacted and they sent a reader
out and we had a discussion.
1. If the reading submitted by the meter reader differs by much
from the normal average, the computer can and oftens changes the numbers and
labels it as "Estimated". Of course sooner or later everything comes out in
the wash. Meantime SCE has my money to play with.
2. Excess power generated by my PV system is bought at the same
rate that I pay.. However the lowest or tier one rate I think will be the
rate selected. Won't know for awhile.

3. SCE meter continues to run backwards most of the hours of
the day and meter numbers continue to decrease.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

What's that Lassie? You say that Stu Fields fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Mon, 6 Sep 2010 07:58:51 -0700:

2. Excess power generated by my PV system is bought at the same
rate that I pay.. However the lowest or tier one rate I think will be the
rate selected. Won't know for awhile.

Are you sure about this? Around here, once you have offset your
usage, they pay at a very low rate. Most home solar folks size their
system based on their current or projected usage.
--

Dan H.
northshore MA.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/6/2010 4:51 PM, dan wrote:
What's that Lassie? You say that Stu Fields fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Mon, 6 Sep 2010 07:58:51 -0700:

2. Excess power generated by my PV system is bought at the same
rate that I pay.. However the lowest or tier one rate I think will be the
rate selected. Won't know for awhile.

Are you sure about this? Around here, once you have offset your
usage, they pay at a very low rate. Most home solar folks size their
system based on their current or projected usage.

Locally, under the old PURPA rules, the power company paid
the producer 'avoided cost' which was a very low, bogus
number like 3c KWhr. I don't know what the current rules
are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_...y_Policies_Act

--Winston

Solar power Stu Fields Metalworking 2 August 2nd 10 04:10 AM
Solar Power Stu Fields Metalworking 127 July 31st 10 10:19 PM
Solar power Stu Fields Metalworking 68 July 24th 10 02:20 AM
Solar Heating / Wind Power / Solar Power / UK Grants [email protected] UK diy 112 April 6th 10 11:41 AM