Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Reagan insider: 'GOP destroyed U.S. economy'

IIRC, the Income tax is a WW II tax that was brought to us by the
democratic party and FDR. When the constitution amendment didn't
get authorized by the states in time, congress overrode the constitution
and passed the law without Oklahoma who refused to be blackmailed.

I think the income tax is still with us.
Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 9/2/2010 6:33 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 03:00:24 -0700 (PDT), "larry moe 'n curly"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Blink blink....where you been hiding? The Demonrats in Washington have
the nation on the fast track down the toilet bowl.

We're in our current condition only because of GW Bush and his
supporters. No other President, Democrat or Republican, would have
gotten us in this mess, domestically and internationally. You and GW
Bush fouled up, big time, and aren't men enough to admit it.

So you have been taking LSD again. Sorry to hear that. Its apparent you
are having a bad trip with wild hallucinations and mental retardation as
a result.

Say...how about the Great Depression 1? FDR took the US and flushed it
down the toilet for 7 years LONGER than it would have gone if left
alone.

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla...sion-5409.aspx

But..shrug...Democrats tend to **** up the nation with great regularity,
dont they? Then they get us into many wars, and leave it to Republicans
to get us out of them.

But..you and most of the hard core Leftwing Extremist Fringe Kooks will
be dead in about 2 yrs...so maybe the nation will have a chance to get
out of that mode with all you guys in ditches...er...Freedom Parks

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
IIRC, the Income tax is a WW II tax that was brought to us by the
democratic party and FDR. When the constitution amendment didn't
get authorized by the states in time, congress overrode the constitution
and passed the law without Oklahoma who refused to be blackmailed.

Uh, the federal income tax amendment, the 16th, was ratified in 1913,
Martin. It was proposed by Norris Brown, Republican of Nebraska, and most of
the ratifications occurred during the Taft (Republican) administration.
Wrong war, wrong party, wrong president. g

After the requisite 36 states ratified it, an additional 6 states added
their ratifications. Oklahoma was one of the first states to ratify the
amendment, on March 10, 1910.

Where do you get this stuff?

I think the income tax is still with us.
Martin

Ya' got that right, at least. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 21:44:11 -0500, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

IIRC, the Income tax is a WW II tax that was brought to us by the
democratic party and FDR. When the constitution amendment didn't
get authorized by the states in time, congress overrode the constitution
and passed the law without Oklahoma who refused to be blackmailed.

I think the income tax is still with us.
Martin

==========
see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_..._United_States
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixteen...Constitut ion

Current federal income tax was first enacted in 1913 after
the 16th amendment was ratified. President was W. Wilson.
Federal Reserve also dates from this period.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve_Act

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I've heard it lots of times through the years - must be like Andrew Jackson
and the Indians. So much false information being told.

It was likely for WW I payoff.

They way I heard it was the Feds put the squeeze on Oklahoma and finally
froze federal funds. That was to get them to sign.

No telling the source.