Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default metric equivalent of imperial thread, 36.3 tpi instead of 36

Hi, the lathe I have access to cuts only metric threads, I think. I
want to cut a thread of 36 tpi a pitch of 0.706 mm and the closest I
can get is a pitch of 0.700 mm, which gives 36.3 teeth per inch. The
part has to withstand a pressure of 260 psi while a gasram is
pressurised. It looks like it is very close, will it be ok?

thanks

Joining metric to Imperial pipe. Anode[_4_] UK diy 4 September 1st 09 09:39 PM
Imperial/metric pipes? Matthew UK diy 8 March 9th 06 05:48 PM
imperial/metric Gordon UK diy 10 August 31st 05 03:54 PM
Imperial to Metric Pipe [email protected] UK diy 3 March 21st 05 10:17 AM
Connecting imperial and metric pipes GB UK diy 34 September 19th 03 10:00 PM