Default Imperial to Metric Pipe

Hi,
I am looking to connect in a new Bath,

My property was made in the early 60's so I suspect it is all imperial
piping, therefore the pipes connecting the bath taps would be 3/4
inch.

I have to put new pipework in as I am moving the bath, are there
couplings available that would connect 3/4" to 22mm pipe and is that
the correct way to go about connecting them? If so could you point me
in the right direction, I have looked on screwfix but I am unsure as
to what would be suitable.

I have also got to do the same to the sink but I have read that 15mm
to 1/2" pipe you can get away with a normal end-feed joint

Thanks for your help
Chris
Andrew Mawson

wrote in message
Hi,
I am looking to connect in a new Bath,

My property was made in the early 60's so I suspect it is all

imperial
piping, therefore the pipes connecting the bath taps would be 3/4
inch.

I have to put new pipework in as I am moving the bath, are there
couplings available that would connect 3/4" to 22mm pipe and is that
the correct way to go about connecting them? If so could you point

me
in the right direction, I have looked on screwfix but I am unsure as
to what would be suitable.

I have also got to do the same to the sink but I have read that 15mm
to 1/2" pipe you can get away with a normal end-feed joint

Thanks for your help
Chris

Chris,

Two ways - you can get a 'Yorkshire' converter 3/4" - 22mm and
solder it, or you can get 3/4" converter olives that fit in normal
22mm compression fittings and take 3/4" pipe. Any good plumbers
merchant should carry both (not one of the sheds).

1/2" is an ok but tight fit in 15mm. 28mm & 1" work ok together.

AWEM

Dave Liquorice

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 01:41:39 GMT, EricP wrote:

I have only had problems with compression fittings, which don't
compress enough to make a complete seal and leak slightly until the
pipe corrodes and seals the leak in a day or so. Push fit and solder
fittings have given no trouble.

15mm and 1/2" are as near as damn it have the same OD size,
compression or solder will work fine.

22mm and 3/4" are not "close enough", 22mm is bigger. A 22mm
compression can be murdered up to seal but it would be better to use a
3/4" olive. A normal 22mm solder joint might be made to work with a
lot of solder and luck but again you can get 22mm 3/4" solder
fittings, probably only couplers though. A proper plumbers merchant
will have these 22mm 3/4" bits, the sheds might not.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail