Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Monarch 10EE Belts

Can anyone suggest a source for the V belts from motor to spindle on Monarch
10EE lathes? Thanks
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 20:03:33 -0400, R-Haggerty
wrote:

Can anyone suggest a source for the V belts from motor to spindle on Monarch
10EE lathes? Thanks

You've got V belts? Mine is a timing belt.

Don't go to Monarch - gold plated pricing.

Farm equipment dealers in my area can get any belt. Or you might look
at Mc master Carr or Grainger.

A company called motion industries has my timing belt, not cheap but
at least not gold plated.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

R-Haggerty wrote:

A company called motion industries has my timing belt, not cheap but
at least not gold plated.

Karl

It is an old machine with the motor generator set for DC to the big DC motor.
Runs great but after 70 years the belts are showing a little sign of ware. They
are an unusual cross section that does not fit any of the standard US or Metric
profiles. They are .545 across the wide end and .450 deep. overall length of
loop about 36 inches. I am sure I can find something to work, but was hoping
some other 10EE owners might have run into this before. Thanks for your
reply...

This might be a time to try impractical machinist.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/monarch-lathes/

HTH,

Wes