Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default HF 440 Lb scale accuracy

I mentioned this a while ago as a DIY load cell:
http://www.harborfreight.com/big-game-scale-65613.html

At the time I had only spring scales to check it against. The other
day I found a doctor's office scale for free. It uses weights and
leverage so I trust the accuracy of an old one more than a spring
scale.

Within the HF's 2-Lb resolution a log that weighs 248 Lbs on the
Health-O-Meter shows 248 on the HF scale too.

It wasn't completely free. I spent an hour looking at the gentleman's
fine woodworking projects and fixing his bandsaw.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:

I mentioned this a while ago as a DIY load cell:
http://www.harborfreight.com/big-game-scale-65613.html

At the time I had only spring scales to check it against. The other
day I found a doctor's office scale for free. It uses weights and
leverage so I trust the accuracy of an old one more than a spring
scale.

Within the HF's 2-Lb resolution a log that weighs 248 Lbs on the
Health-O-Meter shows 248 on the HF scale too.

It wasn't completely free. I spent an hour looking at the gentleman's
fine woodworking projects and fixing his bandsaw.

Well at least you earned it.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 18, 6:46*pm, Wes wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:
I mentioned this a while ago as a DIY load cell:
http://www.harborfreight.com/big-game-scale-65613.html

At the time I had only spring scales to check it against. The other
day I found a doctor's office scale for free. It uses weights and
leverage so I trust the accuracy of an old one more than a spring
scale.

Within the HF's 2-Lb resolution a log that weighs 248 Lbs on the
Health-O-Meter shows 248 on the HF scale too.

It wasn't completely free. I spent an hour looking at the gentleman's
fine woodworking projects and fixing his bandsaw.

Well at least you earned it.

Wes

I politely turned down his z-folding ladder and drafting table,
already have my own. The man is a master woodcarver who owned a
furniture factory.

He tried to show me how to carve. My skilled draftsman / technicians
hands could copy him but I have no artistic ability. I can make decent
straight lines and circles freehand, nothing more.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:

Well at least you earned it.

Wes

I politely turned down his z-folding ladder and drafting table,
already have my own. The man is a master woodcarver who owned a
furniture factory.

He tried to show me how to carve. My skilled draftsman / technicians
hands could copy him but I have no artistic ability. I can make decent
straight lines and circles freehand, nothing more.

I have long ago resigned myself to being a tech and not an artisan.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 18:44:52 -0400, Wes
wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:

Well at least you earned it.

Wes

I politely turned down his z-folding ladder and drafting table,
already have my own. The man is a master woodcarver who owned a
furniture factory.

He tried to show me how to carve. My skilled draftsman / technicians
hands could copy him but I have no artistic ability. I can make decent
straight lines and circles freehand, nothing more.

I have long ago resigned myself to being a tech and not an artisan.

Wes

Indeed. Same here.

Gunner

--