Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Multi Motor

Any reason not to take a couple 1/4 HP (claimed) cheap brush motors and use
them connected together with 1:1 pulleys and belt to drive something else?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Multi Motor ( FINAL PICTURE )

The very last feature has begun to emerge.

http://a.imageshack.us/img831/7595/dscf1726o.jpg

This is the very last picture I will post of this challenge before
announcing exactly what is being created. A whole lot of you should be able
to get it now, and somebody should be able to get it precisely.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 09:08:53 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

Any reason not to take a couple 1/4 HP (claimed) cheap brush motors and use
them connected together with 1:1 pulleys and belt to drive something else?

I ran my air compressor this way until I found a larger one. Don't
know about the efficiency but it worked for me. You could also make
use of a motor with inoperative start winding or start switch.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 15, 6:13*pm, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
The very last feature has begun to emerge.

http://a.imageshack.us/img831/7595/dscf1726o.jpg

This is the very last picture I will post of this challenge before
announcing exactly what is being created.

It's thermite! The iron oxide isn't shown in this picture, though...