DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Multi Motor (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/308160-multi-motor.html)

Bob La Londe August 15th 10 05:08 PM

Multi Motor

Any reason not to take a couple 1/4 HP (claimed) cheap brush motors and use
them connected together with 1:1 pulleys and belt to drive something else?

Bob La Londe August 16th 10 02:13 AM

Multi Motor ( FINAL PICTURE )

The very last feature has begun to emerge.

http://a.imageshack.us/img831/7595/dscf1726o.jpg

This is the very last picture I will post of this challenge before
announcing exactly what is being created. A whole lot of you should be able
to get it now, and somebody should be able to get it precisely.

Gerald Miller August 16th 10 05:28 AM

Multi Motor

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 09:08:53 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

Any reason not to take a couple 1/4 HP (claimed) cheap brush motors and use
them connected together with 1:1 pulleys and belt to drive something else?

I ran my air compressor this way until I found a larger one. Don't
know about the efficiency but it worked for me. You could also make
use of a motor with inoperative start winding or start switch.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

whit3rd August 16th 10 07:53 AM

Multi Motor ( FINAL PICTURE )

On Aug 15, 6:13*pm, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
The very last feature has begun to emerge.

http://a.imageshack.us/img831/7595/dscf1726o.jpg

This is the very last picture I will post of this challenge before
announcing exactly what is being created.

It's thermite! The iron oxide isn't shown in this picture, though...