Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Birthday Wisdom from my Mother

Tim Wescott wrote:

"Happy birthday, please stop having them".

She says she didn't really feel old when _she_ turned 50, but when her
kids start turning 50 one after another it's getting to her.

Today was the family reunion. We got rained out at the 40 acre plot our fore father and
mother lived on so we had to use the American Legion hall. Founded 1947, Uncle Glen,
still living, was one of the founders, I saw his name on the documents framed up on the
back wall. Saw a lot of other names that are no longer with us also. Uncle Glen might be
the last one come to think about it. Lucky for us, the hall wasn't rented out so we got a
decent last minute deal on renting it. First time in years we got rained out.

I'm over 50 and mom is still living. I'm feeling old at times, I worry about her. I hope
she takes after Uncle Glen 89 or Aunt Francis, 91.

I don't want to ever miss a reunion in case it is one where I miss seeing someone that
last time.

Oh yes, the food was excellent as always. Many homes cooking.

Wes

OT - Cajun Wisdom Eregon[_4_] Metalworking 1 February 16th 10 10:51 PM
How often do you receive birthday invites on tee shirts? Probablynever. And that is exactly why you want to make your birthday one to rememberwith a custom tee shirt invitation. [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 22nd 08 08:07 AM
How often do you receive birthday invites on tee shirts? Probablynever. And that is exactly why you want to make your birthday one to rememberwith a custom tee shirt invitation. [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 19th 08 11:19 AM
O/T: Wisdom Lew Hodgett Woodworking 6 January 17th 08 10:24 PM
OT - Wisdom For Wingers Cliff Metalworking 3 March 22nd 05 06:26 AM