Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone got a free Machinist Calculator for PDA or phone?

Gunner Asch wrote:

I had one several years ago, and the damned pda disappeared out of my
truck..damnit

I have Machinists Toolbox PDA on my palm. I'm not that impressed by it and I respect
copyright.

I've made one or two half hearted attempts to resurect my palm programming enviroment in
order to port some of Marv's excellent programs but stuff comes up, I loose interest,
yada. Being interested in almost everything has some drawbacks.

It also is a bit harder since Palm has wandered off somewhere else. I bumped into the cd
that came with a Palm PDA programming book I bought many years ago book recently, maybe
this winter, I'll try again if I haven't abandoned my Palm TE by then. I may be mistaken
but the TX can't do wpa2 so I'm not going to buy the end of the line model. If that isn't
so, I'll buy a TX to run for a couple more years. Anyone using a TX and wpa2?

I can not remember the google smart phone but is it something that could fill in for my
Palm? Also is it opensource, the iphone sounds like it is locked down for apples profit
center. I'm going to have to move on eventually.

If I could move all my stuff over to a smartphone that I could program, I'd be on that
like stink on chit.

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller