Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default You have come a long way

Remember that a commercial about 'You came a long way baby' once upon a time. Oh yes,
'Virginia Slims'.

Remember back in the past when Iggy asked some rather *interesting* questions and some of
us wondered if he was twisting our tail?

Now look at him, trying to refit a cnc which I'm sure will be a success.

You have come a long way Igor.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 10, 6:34*pm, Wes wrote:
Remember that a commercial about 'You came a long way baby' once upon a time. *Oh yes,
'Virginia Slims'.

Remember back in the past when Iggy asked some rather *interesting* questions and some of
us wondered if he was twisting our tail?

Now look at him, trying to refit a cnc which I'm sure will be a success. *

You have come a long way Igor.

I still think he twists our tail occasionally. Like posting that his
kid was only in the 92 percentile in English.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/10/2010 3:34 PM, Wes wrote:
Remember that a commercial about 'You came a long way baby' once upon a time. Oh yes,
'Virginia Slims'.

Remember back in the past when Iggy asked some rather *interesting* questions and some of
us wondered if he was twisting our tail?

Now look at him, trying to refit a cnc which I'm sure will be a success.

You have come a long way Igor.

Second that.

Iggy, you've raised the bar for the rest of us.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 18:34:59 -0400, Wes
wrote:

Remember that a commercial about 'You came a long way baby' once upon a time. Oh yes,
'Virginia Slims'.

Remember back in the past when Iggy asked some rather *interesting* questions and some of
us wondered if he was twisting our tail?

Now look at him, trying to refit a cnc which I'm sure will be a success.

You have come a long way Igor.

Yes...indeed he has. And Im both proud of him and respectful of him for
his drive, his gumption and his intelligence.

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
Remember that a commercial about 'You came a long way baby' once upon a
time. Oh yes,
'Virginia Slims'.

Remember back in the past when Iggy asked some rather *interesting*
questions and some of
us wondered if he was twisting our tail?

Now look at him, trying to refit a cnc which I'm sure will be a success.

You have come a long way Igor.

I knew him when he couldn't even weld with 7018. Go figger.

Too bad he's not a moderator, among his other talents ............

Does he know how to form a moderated newsgroup? Just a
thought...................

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-11, Steve B wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
Remember that a commercial about 'You came a long way baby' once upon a
time. Oh yes,
'Virginia Slims'.

Remember back in the past when Iggy asked some rather *interesting*
questions and some of
us wondered if he was twisting our tail?

Now look at him, trying to refit a cnc which I'm sure will be a success.

You have come a long way Igor.

I knew him when he couldn't even weld with 7018. Go figger.

Too bad he's not a moderator, among his other talents ............

Does he know how to form a moderated newsgroup? Just a
thought...................

Hi Steve... thanks for the kind words... I am kind of at a loss...

Back in 1996, I wrote a program for moderating newsgroups, it is
called STUMP. It is used by a few groups. I think that we are doing
great without any moderation, if we killfile a few jerks.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-11, Steve B wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
Remember that a commercial about 'You came a long way baby' once upon a
time. Oh yes,
'Virginia Slims'.

Remember back in the past when Iggy asked some rather *interesting*
questions and some of
us wondered if he was twisting our tail?

Now look at him, trying to refit a cnc which I'm sure will be a success.

You have come a long way Igor.

I knew him when he couldn't even weld with 7018. Go figger.

Too bad he's not a moderator, among his other talents ............

Does he know how to form a moderated newsgroup? Just a
thought...................

Hi Steve... thanks for the kind words... I am kind of at a loss...

Back in 1996, I wrote a program for moderating newsgroups, it is
called STUMP. It is used by a few groups. I think that we are doing
great without any moderation, if we killfile a few jerks.

I know for me, the knowledge here is worth the sorting, and as you say, it
is easy to killfile. So, you never said what you think of a moderated
newsgroup ..............

Could I still keep my sig line? I'm very close to publishing that book, and
once I get rolling in all that money, I'd have lots of time to become the
new lead poster instead of being 15-18 every month. ;-)

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-10, Wes wrote:
Remember that a commercial about 'You came a long way baby' once upon a time. Oh yes,
'Virginia Slims'.

Remember back in the past when Iggy asked some rather *interesting* questions and some of
us wondered if he was twisting our tail?

Now look at him, trying to refit a cnc which I'm sure will be a success.

You have come a long way Igor.

Hey Wes... Thanks a lot... Life is good, mechanically speaking. I am
making an adaptor for encoders. Fearing that it will not be made
accurately enough.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Remember that a commercial about 'You came a long way baby' once upon a time. Oh yes,
'Virginia Slims'.

Remember back in the past when Iggy asked some rather *interesting* questions and some of
us wondered if he was twisting our tail?

Now look at him, trying to refit a cnc which I'm sure will be a success.

You have come a long way Igor.

I agree.

Takes me back to seeing really white people, should get comparison
photos between Ed and Ig.

Don't forget the neutrals Ig some IC boards ghost without real ones.

SW

A Long Long Tale of B&Q Mixer Taps michael adams[_3_] UK diy 3 October 28th 09 10:59 PM
8' long rip on TS MikeWhy Woodworking 42 December 18th 08 06:01 PM
O/T: We've Come a LONG Way Lew Hodgett[_2_] Woodworking 90 June 9th 08 12:06 AM
Not For Too Long Tom Watson Woodworking 1 April 28th 06 03:27 AM
Shock well - how long is too long? S.L. Home Ownership 1 January 16th 05 10:43 PM