Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A small welding and lathe turning project

Ignoramus6391 wrote:
I wanted to put a fan head on a stand so that working with the mill
would be easier. The welding part is making a stand, and turning part
was boring out the small 3/4" pipe nipple to make it slide over the
1/2" pipe to provide swiveling capability.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_-kRj5FFJSGU/TC...2020.03.26.jpg

You know, I have a stand like that just crying for some useful function.
I think I'll do that with a squirrel-cage blower I have.

Mine won't be quite so elegant, but Thanks for the idea.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RBnDFW" wrote in message
Ignoramus6391 wrote:
I wanted to put a fan head on a stand so that working with the mill
would be easier. The welding part is making a stand, and turning part
was boring out the small 3/4" pipe nipple to make it slide over the
1/2" pipe to provide swiveling capability.
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_-kRj5FFJSGU/TC...2020.03.26.jpg

You know, I have a stand like that just crying for some useful function.
I think I'll do that with a squirrel-cage blower I have.

Mine won't be quite so elegant, but Thanks for the idea.

Just reminds me of the fact that every time I throw something out, I need it
or think of a use for it within 72 hours. Glad you're a hoarder, too.
Welcome to the group.

My name is Steve, and I am a hoarder ...............

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-06, Steve B wrote:
Just reminds me of the fact that every time I throw something out, I need it
or think of a use for it within 72 hours. Glad you're a hoarder, too.
Welcome to the group.

It always happens to me too, I throw something out and I usually need
it within a week.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-06, Steve wrote:
Just reminds me of the fact that every time I throw something out, I need it
or think of a use for it within 72 hours. Glad you're a hoarder, too.
Welcome to the group.

It always happens to me too, I throw something out and I usually need
it within a week.

Every time I donate something, I use
the space it occupied almost instantly.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-06, Steve wrote:
Just reminds me of the fact that every time I throw something out, I need it
or think of a use for it within 72 hours. Glad you're a hoarder, too.
Welcome to the group.

It always happens to me too, I throw something out and I usually need
it within a week.

Every time I donate something, I use
the space it occupied almost instantly.

That's why you donate. ;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-06, Steve wrote:
Just reminds me of the fact that every time I throw something out, I need it
or think of a use for it within 72 hours. Glad you're a hoarder, too.
Welcome to the group.

It always happens to me too, I throw something out and I usually need
it within a week.

Every time I donate something, I use
the space it occupied almost instantly.

That's why you donate. ;-)

Well, yeah if I had to be *honest* about it.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-06, Steve wrote:
Just reminds me of the fact that every time I throw something out, I need it
or think of a use for it within 72 hours. Glad you're a hoarder, too.
Welcome to the group.
It always happens to me too, I throw something out and I usually need
it within a week.

Every time I donate something, I use
the space it occupied almost instantly.

That's why you donate. ;-)

I'm trying hard to reduce the hoard from decades of abandoned hobbies.
I've posted scores of CL ads for everything from a typewriter to a slot
car set. Still a whole bunch to go.

Of course, while posting CL ads, I see lots of other ads that are
intriguing. I stopped at one on the way home yesterday "Machine Tools
For Sale". Well, not much in tooling, but there was this nifty antigue
wooden chest oozing with character that housed a lot of the tools. It
barely fit in the passenger seat of my Z3.
When I took it in the house, the wife says "What are you going to do
with THAT?"
"I dunno yet, I thought it was cool"
"Well, clean it up and a fresh coat of paint..."
"No way in hell paint gets anywhere near this!"

The cats liked it though.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-06, Steve wrote:
Just reminds me of the fact that every time I throw something out, I
need it
or think of a use for it within 72 hours. Glad you're a hoarder, too.
Welcome to the group.

It always happens to me too, I throw something out and I usually need
it within a week.

Every time I donate something, I use
the space it occupied almost instantly.

--Winston

"Stuff multiplies in the dark in the garage like cats to fill the available
space, and work expands to fill the time allotted."

A quote by me.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-06, Steve wrote:
Just reminds me of the fact that every time I throw something out, I
need it
or think of a use for it within 72 hours. Glad you're a hoarder, too.
Welcome to the group.

It always happens to me too, I throw something out and I usually need
it within a week.

Every time I donate something, I use
the space it occupied almost instantly.

--Winston

"Stuff multiplies in the dark in the garage like cats to fill the available
space, and work expands to fill the time allotted."

A quote by me.

Steve

Winston's Corollary:

A clear workbench spurs creativity like nothing else can.

.... Or so I've heard.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-06, Steve wrote:
Just reminds me of the fact that every time I throw something out, I
need it
or think of a use for it within 72 hours. Glad you're a hoarder, too.
Welcome to the group.

It always happens to me too, I throw something out and I usually need
it within a week.

Every time I donate something, I use
the space it occupied almost instantly.

--Winston

"Stuff multiplies in the dark in the garage like cats to fill the available
space, and work expands to fill the time allotted."

A quote by me.

Steve

Winston's Corollary:

A clear workbench spurs creativity like nothing else can.

... Or so I've heard.

A what? I'm not familiar with the concept, sir.

--
It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's
sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/6/2010 9:26 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 16:41:28 -0700,
wrote the following:

(...)

A clear workbench spurs creativity like nothing else can.

... Or so I've heard.

A what? I'm not familiar with the concept, sir.

See also 'Budget Surplus', 'The Tooth Fairy', etc. etc.

--Winston