Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ref: limit switches and inhibits

Much that has been discussed is ok for "Hobby" or home type machines.

As someone that retrofits drives and controls fora living I yet to
hear much about the real world issues of safety and "Safety
Standards".

The attached link is a 5 axis digital drive I completed last week and
every possible safety issue has been adressed.

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...current=m5.jpg

In large gantry machines like this, all axes drive motors have brakes
to ensure a quick stop in an error condition.

Soft over travel limits are set and deal with normal overtravel
condition and extreme overtravel result in a complete drive shutdown.

E Stops are handled by relays designed for this purpose.
http://www.pilz.com.au/products/cont...y/index.en.jsp

Not being critical but none of this would work in any real world
manufacturing plant.

db

Limit switches, EMC and inhibits Ignoramus31989 Metalworking 7 June 29th 10 04:33 PM
Saturn sunroof motor...limit switches? Jstein Electronics Repair 3 November 11th 08 09:18 PM
Bag Limit ValveJob Home Repair 19 July 1st 07 07:09 PM
32gig limit hash Electronics Repair 7 February 8th 05 04:45 AM
Water Heater - Do I Need 1 or 2 Hi-Limit Reset Switches? Filipo Home Repair 1 December 18th 04 02:58 PM