Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT unknown unknows and the economy

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 15:57:03 -0500, F. George McDuffee
wrote:

John Carroll has made a convincing argument that much, even
most, of the current economic/financial/fiscal problems are
due more to psychological/intelectual problems than any
"economic" factors. This article reinforces this view from
the perspective of both the consumer and banker/lender.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...ics-dilemma-1/
snip
David Dunning, in his book “Self-Insight,” calls the
Dunning-Kruger Effect “the anosognosia of everyday
life.”[10] When I first heard the word “anosognosia,” I had
to look it up. Here’s one definition:

Anosognosia is a condition in which a person who suffers
from a disability seems unaware of or denies the existence
of his or her disability.
snip

So, this bank robber is in denial of his short roundness and should
have known better not to be caught on video cause everybody knows that
shape most likely belongs to him only?

I'll repeat myself, maybe you missed it. About a month ago my old
neighbor had an appraisal of his house. Back when the bubble was the
largest the house appraised at $208,000 now it's $20,000.

Heard last week from an in law that went visiting in vegas and now the
mexicans are buying simi trailers and renting them out to make slum
mexican barrios.

Back when I did pools I got to see lots of people's places. Many times
I really thought about how these people could afford all these toys.
They would have a brand new $300k house, new boat, 4 jet skis, 2
ATV's, 3 new cars, RV, and half a $50k pool. And they where around a
lot.

I had that gut feeling and tried to get out a year earlier, but got
talked into another year contract. I thought I got ripped selling my
house, now I feel slightly guilty.

SW

Unknown DC motor [email protected] Electronics Repair 6 September 14th 06 04:24 AM
Help ID Unknown Tool Sal D'Ambra Metalworking 17 March 8th 05 03:28 AM
Unknown cables DrFish UK diy 8 February 13th 05 06:08 PM
Unknown "Prandoni" Set ? Stan® Electronics Repair 0 February 3rd 05 08:50 PM
Unknown IC Kgf Electronics 0 June 14th 04 11:54 PM