Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pets 10 commandments

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 00:56:47 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Remember that they can't do a lot of things for themselves and that they
depend on you to make their life a quality life!

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is
likely to be painful

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don 't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment.
You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only
you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand
your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it..

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt
you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if
something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food,
I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or
weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you
can't bear to watch. Don 't make me face this alone.. Everything is
easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.

~Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take good
care of them.

Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God's
critters.

Gunner, passing along a wonderful post
With 2 dogs sleeping at his feet, and a cat in his lap.

A vet told me that dogs that choose their owners tend to live longer.
Charlie the Dog decided to move in with me when we were both strays. I
was very clear what sort of manners and conduct were required if she
wanted to live there, she "got it" immediately.

The vet told me that when I brought Charlie in for routine shots. He
asked me how old she was. I said 14. He said "no way!" Way! He
asked me what I fed her. I said the cheapest dry dogfood they have at
Cub, supplemented with occasional Dairy Queens, steak bones and Pabst
Blue Ribbons. He said if that Houle's dry dogfood would be more
palatable with gravy he might try it himself.

She was a black lab/german shepherd. She lived 17 years, about twice
the life expectancy of that breed. Mary regarded her as "that
Goddamned tulip-eating dog" for the first 10 years but they eventually
became fast friends. Charlie guarded her like a shadow when we were
in the Northwoods, Mary being steward of her land and Charlie
protecting her from marauding chipmunks and Canada geese.