Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Honda Going Back To Timing Chains?

Hi all,

I recently bought a used 08 Honda 'Fit' McCar, and had the dealer toss
in a set of factory shop manuals as part of the deal.

Later, looking through the manuals, I was very surprised to learn the
'Fit' doesn't use a timing belt, but instead a for real old fashion
timing chain.

Then a little while ago, I saw a post in one of the Honda groups where
someone was trying to confirm if what he'd heard about the Civics going
back to chains was true!

Even though belts have to be replaced now and again, they keep the valve
timing tack on till they're replaced (or fail), are cheap to
manufacture, and eliminate 'internally lubricated components' from
warranty coverage.

Anyone have any ideas what might be going on with Honda? Advantages?
Disadvantages? Is this going to be a new trend with Honda and/or other
manufactures?

Seems strange...

Erik

Soldering of jewelry chains? axolotl Metalworking 8 January 25th 09 05:40 PM
Chain Saw chains Bob Daun Woodturning 11 October 26th 08 11:24 PM
Rain Chains - Have you used them? steve Home Repair 1 April 26th 07 02:26 PM
Do I NEED two Honda EU2000i generators to back-up my house? dean Home Repair 11 October 19th 05 02:02 PM
Do ALL chains say "do not use for lifting" RainLover Metalworking 22 March 29th 04 07:50 PM