Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Do TMT's mommies have two Glocks too?

Hawke wrote:

I can tell you that I have found that a lot of Mexicans are not good at
safe weapon handling. But that is just personal experience. Go to the
public ranges where there is no range master more often and you will see
that what I say is true. It's only logical that people with little
experience with firearms will not be as safe as experienced people are.
I have seen people do things at the public range you would not believe.
I've seen people start walking out to their targets when other people
are still shooting. I see people with terrible muzzle control sweep
people with their guns repeatedly. I've seen all kinds of scary things
done at the public range. In fact, I know a number of people who won't
even go because they think it's too dangerous.

I stay away from public ranges. I shoot at home, family property or the club I belong to.

For the most part club members have it together. Sporatic incidents have declined once we
replaced the combination lock on the gate (too many shared the combination) with a RFID
badge scanner.

For a social reason we teach kids to drive while in school. For political reasons we
don't teach them about safe gun handling.

I also don't hunt on public lands. Sadly I don't bicycle on public roads either, too many
idiots texting on their cell phone while driving their suv.

There are a lot of idiots operating dangerous devices of all types out there.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller