Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Oops .. someone goofed ....

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:25:40 -0700, the infamous Jim Stewart
scrawled the following:

Cliff wrote:
Any suggestions?
[
I've made an error turning a customers 12.5" dia x 40" long uhmw plastic roller.
It has a "V" groove every inch (about 38) for the length. The V grooves have a
flat bottom and we roughed them with a dogbone style insert. As we plunged the
center material of the V groove, we cut .250" too deep. Plenty of stock left on
the sides, but the center is too deep. Is there a process with heat, like a
heated roller, that could be used to push the excess material into our mistake?
The area that needs to be filled is roughly a 1/4" square groove.
]

Maybe you could get some stimulus money to
rework it right.

Yeah, just meet the Gov't man, Legba, down by the crossroads at
midnight and...

---
A book burrows into your life in a very profound way
because the experience of reading is not passive.
--Erica Jong

oops cj Home Repair 9 April 16th 08 02:33 AM
New AA battery recharger - have I goofed? Lobster UK diy 6 May 6th 07 04:19 PM
My Air Conditioner -- I don't think I goofed up.... Clay Harryman Home Repair 4 July 3rd 04 05:52 AM
oops Badger UK diy 17 May 20th 04 10:58 AM
Help! Gas furnace ignition goofed? Jim Brown Home Repair 9 February 24th 04 12:24 AM