Jim Brown

Default Help! Gas furnace ignition goofed?

Its a 16 year old heil gas furnace with clicking (piezo starter?)

1. The thermostat turns on the furnace ok
2. The furnace clicks on the ignition flame with clicking and the
burners come on ok.

BUT!

3. The clicking never stops, and continues randomly and rapidly even
with the burners on.

4. Often the burners get extinguished due to rapid clicking as the
ignition (I think) for a second turns off the gas and attempts to
re-start the burners again and they do come on again within 2 seconds
or so.

5. This whole burners going on-off and clicking stops when the
thermostat turns off the furnace / target temperature has been
reached.

help!

Regards,
Jim B.
kjpro

"Jim Brown" wrote in message
om...
Its a 16 year old heil gas furnace with clicking (piezo starter?)

1. The thermostat turns on the furnace ok
2. The furnace clicks on the ignition flame with clicking and the
burners come on ok.

BUT!

3. The clicking never stops, and continues randomly and rapidly even
with the burners on.

4. Often the burners get extinguished due to rapid clicking as the
ignition (I think) for a second turns off the gas and attempts to
re-start the burners again and they do come on again within 2 seconds
or so.

5. This whole burners going on-off and clicking stops when the
thermostat turns off the furnace / target temperature has been
reached.

help!

Regards,
Jim B.

Check with friends, relatives, nieghbors, co-workers......see who they
recommend.

.........and call a competant HVAC company in to resolve the issue.

--
kjpro
=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_

Jim Brown

Check with friends, relatives, nieghbors, co-workers......see who they
recommend.

........and call a competant HVAC company in to resolve the issue.

Do you think the ignition is bad.. Can I replace it?

thanks!
JB
Anthony Diodati

Possible, ?? could possibly be whatever triggers the ignition too.
I am not a hvac man, play one at home tho sometimes............lol,
These guys usually won't tell you nothing, I guess its for good reason
tho.........
A Gas furnace, does of course have the potential to be VERY dangerous!
Sometimes if you read between the lines you can learn something
tho..........
Again, I'll probley get hell, but might want to try Taping ,(Taping now, not
beating the **** out of,..........lol) the ignition box when it is doing
that.

Tony D.
"Jim Brown" wrote in message
om...

Do you think the ignition is bad.. Can I replace it?

thanks!
JB

kjpro

"Jim Brown" wrote in message
om...

Check with friends, relatives, nieghbors, co-workers......see who they
recommend.

........and call a competant HVAC company in to resolve the issue.

Do you think the ignition is bad.. Can I replace it?

Before you go and start changing parts (that probably isn't the cure),
call someone that can diagnose the problem and fix it.

It will be cheaper to do that, then to change parts you can't take back.

thanks!
JB

--
kjpro
=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_
want it done right the first time.....
.....or pay more to have it done twice?
=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_

Greg O

"Jim Brown" wrote in message
om...

Do you think the ignition is bad..

The ignition is most likely ok.After all, it is lighting!
Greg

Greg O

"Anthony Diodati" wrote in message
Possible, ?? could possibly be whatever triggers the ignition too.
I am not a hvac man, play one at home tho sometimes............lol,
These guys usually won't tell you nothing, I guess its for good reason
A Gas furnace, does of course have the potential to be VERY dangerous!
Sometimes if you read between the lines you can learn something
Again, I'll probley get hell, but might want to try Taping ,(Taping now,

not
beating the **** out of,..........lol) the ignition box when it is doing
that.

Hit with a hammer! It won't help!