Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Good news (from "who will be the first")

On 4/18/2010 9:05 PM, Don Foreman wrote:
On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 09:12:49 -0400, John Husvar
wrote:

(...)

God bless her! Any woman who loves edged weapons is a good woman! (SCA
maybe?)

What is SCA?

http://www.sca.org/

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 16:19:01 -0700, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

On 4/18/2010 8:46 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 22:38:59 -0700, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

(...)

--Winnie-- Could use a burbling hot tub right about now.

I got up, made a bowl of cereal, and settled down on my shiatsu
massage cushion on the couch for a 15 minute rub. Man, those things
are nice. It was on sale for $80 and it feels almost as nice as the
ones they have in the $2k massage chairs. Dual rotating "thumb" discs
have small and large bumps @ 180 degrees from one another, and that
carriage moves up and down the spine. It's a Homedics SBM-200H.
They're wonderful! http://fwd4.me/8eh Amazone, $80 w/ free s/h!

Cool! Can you set it for massage without heat?

Ayup. Upper back, lower back, or both. Heat or not.
"Works a treat." as someone I know tends to say.

---
A book burrows into your life in a very profound way
because the experience of reading is not passive.
--Erica Jong
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 23:04:53 -0500, the infamous Don Foreman
scrawled the following:

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 08:47:57 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 01:08:23 -0500, the infamous Don Foreman
scrawled the following:

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 08:05:07 -0700, Larry Jaques
Tonight, as I sat next to her with Gladiator on the TV,

It's good that you put on something quiet, mellow, soothing, and
relaxing for her to recover to, Don. chortle

I know milady. I've seen few things light her up like the display of
edged weapons in the Stewart castle in Scotland, think Braveheart.

Perhaps, but, right after _heart_surgery_, Don? giggle

Hey, she had the remote!

Ah, the true adventuress, I see. Carry on.

---
A book burrows into your life in a very profound way
because the experience of reading is not passive.
--Erica Jong
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/18/2010 11:45 PM, Don Foreman wrote:

(...)

She was feeling MUCH better an hour after admission at the ER. Heart
rate more under control, BP back up to within range of livable, color
improved, feelin' much better after infusion of 2 units of blood and a
liter of some other juice.

She has a great guy looking after her.

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 07:03:56 -0700, Winston
wrote:

On 4/18/2010 11:45 PM, Don Foreman wrote:

(...)

She was feeling MUCH better an hour after admission at the ER. Heart
rate more under control, BP back up to within range of livable, color
improved, feelin' much better after infusion of 2 units of blood and a
liter of some other juice.

She has a great guy looking after her.

--Winston

She deserves it, and I'm not the jealous type!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 4/18/2010 11:45 PM, Don Foreman wrote:

(...)

She was feeling MUCH better an hour after admission at the ER. Heart
rate more under control, BP back up to within range of livable, color
improved, feelin' much better after infusion of 2 units of blood and a
liter of some other juice.

She has a great guy looking after her.

--Winston

She deserves it, and I'm not the jealous type!

You wanted a compliment for Doc as well?

Well all right. He is a swell guy, too.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 4/18/2010 11:45 PM, Don Foreman wrote:

(...)

She was feeling MUCH better an hour after admission at the ER. Heart
rate more under control, BP back up to within range of livable, color
improved, feelin' much better after infusion of 2 units of blood and a
liter of some other juice.

She has a great guy looking after her.

--Winston

She deserves it, and I'm not the jealous type!

You wanted a compliment for Doc as well?

Well all right. He is a swell guy, too.

--Winston

The professionals and good people there are amazing.

The did a cardioversion today. Her BP is now right at target and her
heart is ticking in perfect cadence.

I expressed interest in the elastic bands they use for popping a vein
for insertion of a blood-draw needle. The woman doing that wondered
why I was interested. I said I thought such bands would be useful
when bedding rifle actions.

Oh! No problem, she gave me the band she used and another from a
previous patient. Turns out she's a riflewoman from Zimmerman MN,
likes her 7mm but also wants to go hunt grizzly bear with a rifle
beginning with a .4. She also raises dogs, plans to name her next
dog Ruger.

Know how we guessed she might be a bit nontraditional? Her hair. Mar
and I both picked up on that. Not wild or bizarro, just long-cut and
a bit unusual for early gray. Quiet rebel gentle dedicated caregiver.
Later, when I wasn't there, another caregiver stuck Mary and Mar asked
if she could have the elastic band. The caregiver was suspicious. We
thought she might suspect drug abuse as in heroin injection, but her
concern was suicide! We learned that those elastic bands have been
known to be used for suicide. Mar explained that her hub was far more
interested in accurizing rifles than in suicide.

Mar's sense of humor and pungent dry wit is intact. She had me, son
Davy and a couple of nurses in stitches a couple of times.

Busy day tomorrow, several probes and procedures on the agenda. The
objective is to find the internal blood leak and fix it. We're very
optimistic.

I missed my 3 miles today but occasional pass isn't abandonment of
regimen. Few survivors maintain a regimen two years after the fact,
and most of those who fail don't survive subsequent attacks. I keep
truckin' because I intend to survive as long as life is good. Up the
hill, eeeyahh.

If and when life really sucks with only prognosis of getting worse, I
certainly won't check out via elastic band around my throat. That
sounds gawd awful. It would result in oblivion in a few seconds if
done right but I don't see how it could be done right with an elastic
band. Quick oblivion requires stoppage by compression of certain neck
arteries or veins. I don't see how an elastic band could do that
because doing that manually requires administration of point (thumb)
pressure at exactly the right sites.

A quiet .22 hollowpoint neatly and instantly does the job.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Life is good, Don.

Keep on truckin'
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 05:49:57 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

Life is good, Don.

Keep on truckin'

Yup!

They found and fixed Mary's internal leak today. The things they can
do now are simply amazing. They found and repaired a bleeding duodenal
ulcer with nary a scalpel or stitch. She'll be coming home tomorrow
morning.

She's had a rough week but it looks like she's over the hump now. Son
Davy was there this evening. He has his mother's wicked wit and they
were both in fine form. Nobody gave us any grief for all the laughter
going on in her room. We did try to keep it down, it is a hospital
after all.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Life is good, Don.

Keep on truckin'

Yup!

They found and fixed Mary's internal leak today. The things they can
do now are simply amazing. They found and repaired a bleeding duodenal
ulcer with nary a scalpel or stitch. She'll be coming home tomorrow
morning.

She's had a rough week but it looks like she's over the hump now. Son
Davy was there this evening. He has his mother's wicked wit and they
were both in fine form.

Excellent news Don!

We are measured by our actions during challenging times.

--Winston