Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default PICTURES of my wire brushing and polishing setup

Some pictures of my cleaning setup.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Cleaning-And-Polishing/

I can clean and polish most things, like the ones pictured, in one
minute or so.

The pictures show two items, a Morse 2 shank to Morse 3 hole extender,
and a Morse 5 shell mill holder.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Ignoramus8345 wrote:

Some pictures of my cleaning setup.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Cleaning-And-Polishing/

I can clean and polish most things, like the ones pictured, in one
minute or so.

The pictures show two items, a Morse 2 shank to Morse 3 hole extender,
and a Morse 5 shell mill holder.

How much metal is removed in the process?

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-03-27, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,
Ignoramus8345 wrote:

Some pictures of my cleaning setup.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Cleaning-And-Polishing/

I can clean and polish most things, like the ones pictured, in one
minute or so.

The pictures show two items, a Morse 2 shank to Morse 3 hole extender,
and a Morse 5 shell mill holder.

How much metal is removed in the process?

I would say, very close to none.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus8345" wrote in message
Some pictures of my cleaning setup.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Cleaning-And-Polishing/

I can clean and polish most things, like the ones pictured, in one
minute or so.

The pictures show two items, a Morse 2 shank to Morse 3 hole extender,
and a Morse 5 shell mill holder.

Make some kind of guard for that brush, Mr. Porcupine! I kept a copy of
that picture to scare people.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 27, 2:38*pm, "Buerste" wrote:
"Ignoramus8345" wrote in message

Some pictures of my cleaning setup.

* * * *http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Cleaning-And-Polishing/

I can clean and polish most things, like the ones pictured, in one
minute or so.

The pictures show two items, a Morse 2 shank to Morse 3 hole extender,
and a Morse 5 shell mill holder.

Make some kind of guard for that brush, Mr. Porcupine! *I kept a copy of
that picture to scare people.

I agree with the recommendations for a guard.

I have a similar setup that I use when I have to..which is seldom.

When I am done with it, I always have at least half a dozen wires
stuck in my clothes and skin.

Wearing safety goggles is a requirement of course.

A suggestion...a few years ago I started doing much of my grinding/
polishing/wirebrushing out on my driveway. This reduced the amount of
cleanup time in my shop needed.

TMT