Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default free start/ run capacitors

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/zip/1630623883.html

I got no dog in this hunt. Just posting.

technomaNge
--
Due to anticipated high turnout in 2010's election,
the Electorial College has scheduled:

Nov. 1, 2010 All Independents vote.
Nov. 2, 2010 All Republicans vote.
Nov. 3, 2010 All Democrats vote.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"technomaNge" wrote in message

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/zip/1630623883.html

I got no dog in this hunt. Just posting.

Sheeit, free stuff sure goes fast!
What a windfall for the local guy that got'em!
--
EA

technomaNge
--
Due to anticipated high turnout in 2010's election,
the Electorial College has scheduled:

Nov. 1, 2010 All Independents vote.
Nov. 2, 2010 All Republicans vote.
Nov. 3, 2010 All Democrats vote.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/zip/1630623883.html

I got no dog in this hunt. Just posting.

Sheeit, free stuff sure goes fast!
What a windfall for the local guy that got'em!

They were still available after 3:30 Saturday afternoon. People had
called but didn't come over to pick them up at least so far. I
inquired whether I could send him money to put a bunch in a flat rate
box and send them to me, but he didn't want to be bothered.

RWL

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-03-07, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane wrote:
They were still available after 3:30 Saturday afternoon. People had
called but didn't come over to pick them up at least so far. I
inquired whether I could send him money to put a bunch in a flat rate
box and send them to me, but he didn't want to be bothered.

Not to generalize, but I find people who watch free pickup ads to be
very flaky, stupid, and just incapable of normal human function. As
any generalization, there are exceptions, but the proportion of
unreliable people exceeds all bounds. It is understandable from the
economics standpoint.

A case in point.

I advertised free pallets in the morning today.

One woman called and said that she will pick them up.

She came in a minivan with a husband.

She looked at the pallets, and said, GET THIS: that she needed boards
for her "art paintings" and that these pallets are "too dirty to be
painted".

WTF??? ??????????????? *&^&*%&*%^!!!

I was quite upset by this pallet board art lunacy, and just started
cutting up and burning those m-f-ing pallets in the firepit. My kids
love playing with fire, under my supervision, so we all had a good
time.

So I burned three pallets out of five. Then a guy calls me at 6pm and
says that he wants the remaining pallets. Said he will stop by "very
soon" as he is in a neighboring town.

It is 4 hours later and there is no trace of him.

It is a very typical experience with "freecycle" and "free section of
craigslist" people.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus26053 wrote:
Not to generalize, but I find people who watch free pickup ads to be
very flaky, stupid, and just incapable of normal human function. As
any generalization, there are exceptions, but the proportion of
unreliable people exceeds all bounds. It is understandable from the
economics standpoint.

Thanks for the compliment, Ig, I like you too.

technomaNge
--
Due to anticipated high turnout in 2010's election,
the Electorial College has scheduled:

Nov. 1, 2010 All Independents vote.
Nov. 2, 2010 All Republicans vote.
Nov. 3, 2010 All Democrats vote.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I see this all the time, but if it wasn't for people like that, I would probably be unemployed. Never look a gift horse in the
mouth.
Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 21:59:44 -0600, the infamous Ignoramus26053
scrawled the following:

On 2010-03-07, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane wrote:
[...]

Yeah, there are some real weirdos out there.

I was quite upset by this pallet board art lunacy, and just started
cutting up and burning those m-f-ing pallets in the firepit. My kids
love playing with fire, under my supervision, so we all had a good
time.

So I burned three pallets out of five. Then a guy calls me at 6pm and
says that he wants the remaining pallets. Said he will stop by "very
soon" as he is in a neighboring town.

It is 4 hours later and there is no trace of him.

It is a very typical experience with "freecycle" and "free section of
craigslist" people.

That has been my experience with these folks, too. You'd think that
if it's free, they'd jump at the chance and come right away.

Now I put the stuff out on the driveway with the person's name on it
and go about my business. It's usually gone within 3 days of their
saying "I'll be right over."

Far too many people just don't have any integrity any more.

--
The blind are not good trailblazers.

-- federal judge Frank Easterbrook
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-03-07, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane wrote:
[...]

You put it very mildly

I was quite upset by this pallet board art lunacy, and just started
cutting up and burning those m-f-ing pallets in the firepit. My kids
love playing with fire, under my supervision, so we all had a good
time.

So I burned three pallets out of five. Then a guy calls me at 6pm and
says that he wants the remaining pallets. Said he will stop by "very
soon" as he is in a neighboring town.

It is 4 hours later and there is no trace of him.

It is a very typical experience with "freecycle" and "free section of
craigslist" people.

That has been my experience with these folks, too. You'd think that
if it's free, they'd jump at the chance and come right away.

My theory is this: they do jump on this. And then 5 minutes later they
forget all about it.

We are talking about people who want to pick up others trash and have
no money to begin with. Pretty much most people like that are complete
basket cases.

Did I have completely well adjusted, reilable people pick up stuff
advertised in free sections? Yes. Were those the majority? Not
really. Most were weirdos or flakes of one sort or another.

Now I put the stuff out on the driveway with the person's name on it
and go about my business. It's usually gone within 3 days of their
saying "I'll be right over."

I put out 400 lbs of ferrous scrap on my curb yesterday, it was gone
in 1.5 hours.

Far too many people just don't have any integrity any more.

You know, it is not like they defrauded me or anything. I would not
use word "integrity" in this context.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 14:49:27 -0600, the infamous Ignoramus10008
scrawled the following:

On 2010-03-07, Larry Jaques wrote:
Now I put the stuff out on the driveway with the person's name on it
and go about my business. It's usually gone within 3 days of their
saying "I'll be right over."

I put out 400 lbs of ferrous scrap on my curb yesterday, it was gone
in 1.5 hours.

Well, yeah. That's worth money at the recycler's if nothing else.

Far too many people just don't have any integrity any more.

You know, it is not like they defrauded me or anything. I would not
use word "integrity" in this context.

That's precisely what it is: The (lack of) integrity of their word.
It was hammered into us in an entrepreneurial course I took at CSU San
Marcos 14 years ago. Don't say you'll do something you don't plan on
doing. Don't give times when you can't keep them. Keep the integrity
of your word and you will have faithful customers from then on.

Now to get the unwashed to follow that...

P.S: It has been my experience that about 85% of people are guilty of
this to some extent. Once you start watching it, the sheer
pervasiveness will astound you.

--
The blind are not good trailblazers.

-- federal judge Frank Easterbrook
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

WTF??? ??????????????? *&^&*%&*%^!!!

Yeah, there are some real weirdos out there.

And listing it on those sites invite them to your home.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

And on the other foot, we have the jackass who advertised a free item
and then asked me if I would "beat the $20 offer" on it. I don't love
the bait and switch, so I declined forcefully.

A/C Motor Start Capacitors - Where To Buy? SMcK Home Repair 23 July 9th 09 01:57 AM
Run versus Start Capacitors - How to tell stoneattic Home Repair 23 May 24th 07 09:16 AM
Motor start capacitors Steve Wood UK diy 4 August 1st 06 10:17 PM
OT - Start capacitors DT Metalworking 3 April 20th 06 05:44 AM
Question about start capacitors Roy Metalworking 3 January 15th 06 02:57 PM