Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Making insert mill adapter?

Has anyone had occasion to make an adapter for a Valenite insert mill? I
have a Valenite 539 to adapt to the spindle in my Eklind milling head
that uses a modified B3 collet. The interesting problem is machining the
drive ears. The best I can come up with is to thread the holder, make a
disc with the drive ears, and screw it on. Anyone have a more elegant
solution?

Kevin Gallimore