Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mine is 89 inches, what about yours

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

Or, cut a slot in the concrete slab under the door... if done
carefully, you'll have a pit for auto maintenance when it's
no longer needed for mill clearance.

This will work - but in newer homes (~25 - 50 years?) you'll likely
find a "Bond Beam" as the footing carries through under the doorway.
Keeps the walls from drifting apart over time... . You can take the
slab out, but the bond beam is going to be a problem.

Is that a footing that runs under the doorway? I ran my footings all around the perimeter
of my garage, er shop, regardless of where any door was.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
Bruce L. Bergman wrote:
find a "Bond Beam" as the footing carries through under the doorway.

Is that a footing that runs under the doorway? I ran my footings all around the perimeter
of my garage, er shop, regardless of where any door was.

And in frosty IL, Iggy likely has a foundation under his garage, going
down 4' to a footing below the lowest frost.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob Engelhardt wrote:

Is that a footing that runs under the doorway? I ran my footings all around the perimeter
of my garage, er shop, regardless of where any door was.

And in frosty IL, Iggy likely has a foundation under his garage, going
down 4' to a footing below the lowest frost.

And in near 45N latitude, we only use 16" footers for a garage, well at least when I built
mine. That glacial sand drains really well.

Wes

Mine is 89 inches, what about yours Pete C. Metalworking 4 February 25th 10 09:42 AM
What's just over 19 inches? Christopher Nelson Home Repair 17 March 1st 09 10:34 PM
3 inches VS. 4 inches wide Hardwood Flooring [email protected] Woodworking 5 October 14th 06 04:26 AM
16 inches Sasha_Klamp UK diy 4 July 9th 05 12:52 AM
I should have kept mine Dukester Woodworking 21 April 4th 05 10:08 PM