Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gene Haas on American Chopper

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
Joe AutoDrill wrote:
He's not that far from me, I keep meaning to drive up there and egg
all his property.....

A few years ago, a friend of mine and I rode our bikes up there from
Northern, NJ on a weekend. It was in the 60's and raining hard. We
arrived 5 minutes before they closed down the old shop and they
wouldn't even let us in to dry off.

...Now, I'm 5' 8" tall and was around 270 lbs. My friend is 6' 8"
tall and *at least* 450 lbs... It's not like they missed seeing us
out the window or something.

Man, good thing y'all prefer bikes to horses, eh? Those horsies dodged a
bullet, yo....

Hey, you were riding in the 60's??? I thought you was a youngster!!
So, yer OLD, like me!!!!

When ahm ready to egg OCC, are you comin along??
--
EA

i live nearby (9 mi.) OCC, let us know when you're going.
(i'm not going to be doing any egging though, don't want big paul to wrench
my head off and pee down my neck.)
OCC is right at the foot of one of the runways of stewart airport. there's
an air national guard unit there.
http://www.dmna.state.ny.us/ang/105/105.php
they fly C5-As (and the smaller ones too, can't remember the designations,
17's?). it's cool to see those awesome hulking C5-As take off and land.
(my brother works there, *years* ago i got a tour of a C5-A, we went up and
out the hatch of the T tail, standing on top of the elevator, was cool. OCC
is right next door to an orange county solid waste transfer station. in the
summer when the wind blows the right direction it's pretty stinky. their
old location (which would prolly be of no interest to anyone) is only a few
miles further down the road.
there's an art bronze foundry near their old location. the art bronze
foundry is way ****in' interesting. but it depends, sometimes they've got
some awesome **** in the work area, some other times not, but i mean,
whatever they've got going on is fascinating. in the summer they usually
have the roll up door open so you can peek in. i went there a couple weeks
ago and they were ok with letting me come inside and walk along the balcony
that overlooks the shop, but no shop tours though. i wonder if it might be
possible with a call ahead(?). there were some big name artist's work there
on the floor, but nobody any of you guys would've heard of. (oh, and i'm
sure many here would loudly declare it "isn't art!" anyhow.) worth the side
trip if you're in the area. http://www.polichtallix.com/ i'm pretty sure
polich can cast stainless, which i believe is unusual for an art foundry.

b.w.