Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT- Product Of The YEAR! -Somebody Should Get A Nobel Prize For This-

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Terror for an American driver is a roundabout in Britain. As I approach one,
my palms begin to sweat. Then my head begins to ache. Traffic diagrams
appear in my head. I bite my lip...

I ran into one just off an interstate in the USA. All this expense for wide roads, trees
cleared away, guard rails and such to protect me from misadventure and then they put in a
round about. Wtf was that engineer thinking? Didn't he get the message we are trying to
make the road ways safer?

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Terror for an American driver is a roundabout in Britain. As I approach
one,
my palms begin to sweat. Then my head begins to ache. Traffic diagrams
appear in my head. I bite my lip...

I ran into one just off an interstate in the USA. All this expense for
wide roads, trees
cleared away, guard rails and such to protect me from misadventure and
then they put in a
round about. Wtf was that engineer thinking? Didn't he get the message
we are trying to
make the road ways safer?

Wes

They were a good way to avoid 4-way intersections, when traffic moved at 35
mph. g I spun my VW beetle on one in '69, in south Jersey, out in the Pine
Barrens, where there were no lights and you couldn't see it coming. 'Damned
near wound up on my back.

The last one in my area was replaced around ten years ago (intersection of
US 1 and US 130). Good riddance.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

hey were a good way to avoid 4-way intersections, when traffic moved at 35
mph. g I spun my VW beetle on one in '69, in south Jersey, out in the Pine
Barrens, where there were no lights and you couldn't see it coming. 'Damned
near wound up on my back.

The last one in my area was replaced around ten years ago (intersection of
US 1 and US 130). Good riddance.

I agree.

I hit one in Ohio iirc. I have never been more confused in my life. When I exited it, I
had a choice of one high priced gas station or one that looked like a biker hangout.

I got out of there fast realizing I just got a preview of Alzheimer's.

Wes