Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default South Bend New Products in Grizzly Catalog Includes a SB 4x6 Bandsaw

There are a lot of SB products in the Grizzly catalog, including some which
look a lot like some familiar/common Chinese products, only different.

The price isn't shown for the SB 4x6 bandsaw, noting that it will be
available in March.

--
WB
metalworking projects

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wild_Bill wrote:
There are a lot of SB products in the Grizzly catalog, including some
which look a lot like some familiar/common Chinese products, only
different.

The price isn't shown for the SB 4x6 bandsaw, noting that it will be
available in March.

Sounds like SB sold their soul to the Chinese devils
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 5, 12:21*pm, RBnDFW wrote:
Wild_Bill wrote:
There are a lot of SB products in the Grizzly catalog, including some
which look a lot like some familiar/common Chinese products, only
different.

The price isn't shown for the SB 4x6 bandsaw, noting that it will be
available in March.

Sounds like SB sold their soul to the Chinese devils

Since SB hasn't been anything but a trademark for many years, it's
more probable that the holder decided to cash out to the highest
bidder.

Stan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Feb 5, 12:21 pm, RBnDFW wrote:
Wild_Bill wrote:
There are a lot of SB products in the Grizzly catalog, including some
which look a lot like some familiar/common Chinese products, only
different.

The price isn't shown for the SB 4x6 bandsaw, noting that it will be
available in March.

Sounds like SB sold their soul to the Chinese devils

Since SB hasn't been anything but a trademark for many years, it's
more probable that the holder decided to cash out to the highest
bidder.

I have been monitoring their web site. They led me to believe that they will
be restarting production in US with a number of new items. However, their
small lathes have been perpetually marked as "coming soon".

Disappointing...

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 5, 8:53*pm, "Michael Koblic" wrote:
I have been monitoring their web site. They led me to believe that they will
be restarting production in US with a number of new items. However, their
small lathes have been perpetually marked as "coming soon".
Disappointing...
Michael Koblic,

The lathes they were famous for were throwbacks to the 1920's. Mine
would easily adapt to an overhead lineshaft drive.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
On Feb 5, 8:53 pm, "Michael Koblic" wrote:
I have been monitoring their web site. They led me to believe that they
will
be restarting production in US with a number of new items. However, their
small lathes have been perpetually marked as "coming soon".
Disappointing...
Michael Koblic,

The lathes they were famous for were throwbacks to the 1920's. Mine
would easily adapt to an overhead lineshaft drive.

Oh, I don't hold much with them new-fangled ideas. I was hoping for one with
the yew bow and holding the tool in my toes.
Seriously though, they list some big lathes which I assumed were made by
them in USA. They kept promising a 10"x if I monitored their web site. This
has been going on for a year.

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 6, 10:48*pm, "Michael Koblic" wrote:
...They kept promising a 10"x if I monitored their web site. This
has been going on for a year.
Michael Koblic,

I expect it would be a rebranded import and not a new Heavy 10. They
offered those into at least the 1990's, for $12,000 or about 10X the
value of mine, and the ad admitted that it wasn't much good for
production.

jsw

South Bend 10K No Name Metalworking 6 May 5th 09 10:02 PM
New Coaxial Products Catalog RF King Electronics Repair 1 January 20th 09 08:28 PM
New Coaxial Products Catalog RF King Electronics Repair 0 January 20th 09 07:14 PM
FREE: 70 Page RF Products Catalog RF King Electronics Repair 1 August 16th 08 12:03 AM
South Bend joebass Metalworking 2 April 13th 06 02:25 AM