Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default RIP - Howard Zinn

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 04:10:40 -0500, Cliff
wrote:

The world has lost another great one.

http://howardzinn.org/default/
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/1/2...2010_a_tribute

It was interesting to read A People's History of the US. Definitely
a different point of view, but maybe half way through it became
apparent that he was always looking for ways that HE felt that the
masses got gypped, by his standard. That became tedious. I finished
the book, and I'm glad I read it, but I really disagreed with his
philosophy and outlook on life.

RWL
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET wrote:

It was interesting to read A People's History of the US. Definitely
a different point of view, but maybe half way through it became
apparent that he was always looking for ways that HE felt that the
masses got gypped, by his standard. That became tedious. I finished
the book, and I'm glad I read it, but I really disagreed with his
philosophy and outlook on life.

I read part of it. Decided, I didn't need an alternate history since Turtledove is far
better.

Speaking of historians, Doris Kearns Goodwin was on the Daily Show the other night. She
seemed like quite the partisan, something one wouldn't expect in a real historian.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

roofing codes - howard co, MD? Giles Harney Home Ownership 1 December 1st 07 05:58 PM
New website for Howard County (Md) Woodworkers Guild mike vore Woodworking 1 October 2nd 07 03:26 AM
OOPS: Staff Sgt. Curtis T. Howard II, 32, of Ann Arbor, Mich. 2006,2296,276 Woodworking 0 March 1st 06 03:59 AM
Howard Gem... r.p.mcmurphy UK diy 1 April 22nd 05 09:19 AM
Howard 350 rotavator - throttle linkage question [email protected] UK diy 4 August 8th 03 10:28 AM