Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Newark Delaware Equipment Auction-Assets of Chrysler / University ofDE

Looks like a fair number of machine tools, large and small, metal
stock, etc etc.

http://marketing.greatamerican.com/g...mg/9%20(2).jpg

Former Assets of Chrysler / University of Delaware -
3 Million Sq. Ft. Automotive Fabrication, Assembly Plant &
Distribution Center

Date : 02/25/2010 @ 10:00 am EST
Inspection : February 22-24, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm

Bidding Location : University of Delaware, Clayton Hall, David
Hollowell Dr. (off Route 896) Newark, DE 19716

Inspection Location : 550 South College St. Newark, DE 19716

http://www.greatamerican.com/auction...px?EventID=460

http://marketing.greatamerican.com/g...cations.doc x

Dave

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://marketing.greatamerican.com/g...ments/460/A_Im...

Date * * : * * * 02/25/2010 @ 10:00 am EST
Inspection * * *: * * * February 22-24, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm

Bidding Location * * * * : * * * University of Delaware, Clayton Hall, David
Hollowell Dr. (off Route 896) Newark, DE 19716

Inspection Location * * : * * * 550 South College St. Newark, DE 19716

http://www.greatamerican.com/auction...ls.aspx?EventI...

http://marketing.greatamerican.com/g...ments/460/A_Do...

Dave

Thanks for posting the auction.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Date * * : * * * 02/25/2010 @ 10:00 am EST
Inspection * * *: * * * February 22-24, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm

Bidding Location * * * * : * * * University of Delaware, Clayton Hall, David
Hollowell Dr. (off Route 896) Newark, DE 19716

Inspection Location * * : * * * 550 South College St. Newark, DE 19716

http://www.greatamerican.com/auction...ls.aspx?EventI...

http://marketing.greatamerican.com/g...ments/460/A_Do...

Dave

Thanks for posting the auction.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *Dan

Considering the area, the bids might be low like at the one iggy just
went too...

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

If I was in the area , I would particpate. However, GreatAmerican uses
some kind of weird ass Windows auction software, so I have so
farstayed away from their auctions.

Date : 02/25/2010 @ 10:00 am EST
Inspection : February 22-24, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm

Bidding Location : University of Delaware, Clayton Hall, David
Hollowell Dr. (off Route 896) Newark, DE 19716

Inspection Location : 550 South College St. Newark, DE 19716

http://www.greatamerican.com/auction...px?EventID=460

http://marketing.greatamerican.com/g...cations.doc x

Dave

Wow, wish I could get up there for this. I worked at that Chrysler
plant the summer before I started attending the U of D.

I still have freaky memories of trying to find the goddam holes for
fastening the rear window clips, which were invariably covered over by
the stupid vinyl roof covers that were in vogue at the time. The 2
regular guys would just sit on their asses while I struggled (summer
help kid), and when I fell far enough behind, they would jump in and
catch up, then plop down again. I'm still officially a UAW member,
though.

I became a lifeguard at a state park the next summer - far less money,
but a much better experience.

The plant built tanks during WW II, BTW.

Joe