Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Water line and temp

It has turned unusually cold here. I used that black poly line to run
water line before it got cold. I tested the line, seemed to have no
leaks. I then turned the water off to the building. (I have a cut out
uner the house). I also opened the spigots at the end of the line to
drain water out.
It turned below freezing before I could cover the line up. When I pulled on the line by hand I could hear ice crackling in there like when hose is left outside and has frozen. Will this have caused damage?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

stryped fired this volley in
:

It turned below freezing before I could cover the line up. When I
pulled on the line by hand I could hear ice crackling in there like
when hose is left outside and has frozen. Will this have caused
damage?

Why would someone deliberately flex a pipe they suspected was frozen?
Of course it could have caused damage. You won't know until it thaws.

I don't know how many hundreds of feet of pipe you had to run, but you've
had weeks since you started; 'seems like burying it as Winter neared
would have been a priority. It's too late to cry over now, either way.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 5, 1:34*pm, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
stryped fired this volley :

It turned below freezing before I could cover the line up. When I
pulled on the line by hand I could hear ice crackling in there like
when *hose is left outside and has frozen. Will this have caused
damage?

Why would someone deliberately flex a pipe they suspected was frozen?
Of course it could have caused damage. *You won't know until it thaws.

I don't know how many hundreds of feet of pipe you had to run, but you've
had weeks since you started; 'seems like burying it as Winter neared
would have been a priority. *It's too late to cry over now, either way.

LLoyd

I did not flex the pipe I was starting to fill the ditch with dirt and
hand tamping areas around the pipe when I noticed the sound which
caused me to investigate further.

The reason it took so long is I have to work totally alone and I had
to run three other lines of consuit in the same ditch which took time.
I also only had a few days off work and weekends.

Optimum boiler temp and hot water temp Steve S \(another one\) UK diy 20 March 15th 08 09:34 AM
changing temp of hot water with water-butler type system El Penguini Home Ownership 0 December 28th 06 05:07 PM
Pool heater - return line water temp? LJ Home Ownership 0 September 3rd 06 09:56 PM
Water temp limiter R.P.McMurphy UK diy 1 July 25th 06 11:24 PM
Calibration of Water Temp Instruments; Hot Water Heating System Vince Home Repair 10 December 30th 05 11:59 PM