Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default No rise of air born carbon Dioxide in Past 150 Years

"Richard W." wrote in message
. ..
According to article in Science Daily.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1230184221.htm

That's OK, the Earth's magnetic poles will soon be switching causing all
kinds of disasters. It's caused by the use of Iron by humans. Unless we
tax all past, present and future use of Iron...we will all DIE...HORRIBLY!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Buerste wrote:

"Richard W." wrote in message
. ..
According to article in Science Daily.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1230184221.htm

That's OK, the Earth's magnetic poles will soon be switching causing all
kinds of disasters. It's caused by the use of Iron by humans. Unless
we tax all past, present and future use of Iron...we will all
DIE...HORRIBLY!

You just rattled an old dormant brain cell last used in the early 70s, Tom.

We were studying the reversals of magnetic polarity in ice core samples.

The consensus at the time was that the magnetic pole itself didn't move,
it was, instead, a change of the axis of rotation.

A wobble - as in precession of a gyroscope.

That fell through to a new stable point.

Probably at something WAY over normal surface rotation velocity of the Earth
( eg: 1000 miles per hour).

Doncha just wonder...

--

Richard Lamb

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power
to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour...
Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will.
Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 00:32:05 -0500, the infamous "Buerste"
scrawled the following:

"Richard W." wrote in message
According to article in Science Daily.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1230184221.htm

That's OK, the Earth's magnetic poles will soon be switching causing all
kinds of disasters. It's caused by the use of Iron by humans. Unless we
tax all past, present and future use of Iron...we will all DIE...HORRIBLY!

Well, it has recently been proven, scientifically, I might add, that
life is a sexually-transmitted, 100% fatal disease. So there!

F*ck the taxes!

Sarah for President, starting 12/22/2012!

--
Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness.
--Thomas Paine