Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default wtb: sheet metal brake

Smaller one. What would be a good older quality American brand, and how
much should I pay? I'd say 3' long max.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
Smaller one. What would be a good older quality American brand, and how
much should I pay? I'd say 3' long max.

Steve

I want one too, but sadly I want one 20 feet long that will quickly and
accurately brake material upto 3/16. Of course I also want to be able to
afford it. LOL.

Good luck on your search Steve. Let us know what you get.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote in message
Smaller one. What would be a good older quality American brand, and how
much should I pay? I'd say 3' long max.

Steve

I want one too, but sadly I want one 20 feet long that will quickly and
accurately brake material upto 3/16. Of course I also want to be able to
afford it. LOL.

Good luck on your search Steve. Let us know what you get.

If you have a local JC with a welding or machine shop course. Sign up. Our
local one has Welding Technology courses and they have brakes etc.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 1, 1:55*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
Smaller one. *What would be a good older quality American brand, and how
much should I pay? *I'd say 3' long max.

Steve

Pexto, Roper-Whitney, Niagara.
Actually I can't think of a bad older American brand.
If you find one check it carefully for damage, people seriously
overload them.

I've used larger industrial models of the imports which weren't too
bad. The 3-in-1 machines are difficult and fussy but they do work.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 13:51:40 -0800 (PST), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

On Jan 1, 1:55*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
Smaller one. *What would be a good older quality American brand, and how
much should I pay? *I'd say 3' long max.

Steve

Pexto, Roper-Whitney, Niagara.
Actually I can't think of a bad older American brand.
If you find one check it carefully for damage, people seriously
overload them.

I've used larger industrial models of the imports which weren't too
bad. The 3-in-1 machines are difficult and fussy but they do work.

jsw

steve..Ive got a 5' shear (Pexto) Id sell you rather cheaply. It was a
set shear, converted to hydraulic.

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-01-01, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Jan 1, 1:55*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
Smaller one. *What would be a good older quality American brand, and how
much should I pay? *I'd say 3' long max.

Steve

Pexto, Roper-Whitney, Niagara.
Actually I can't think of a bad older American brand.

Also DiAcro. They made 24" and 36" finger brakes, and I have
one of the 24" size. I am quite happy with it.

If you find one check it carefully for damage, people seriously
overload them.

Certainly so.

I've used larger industrial models of the imports which weren't too
bad. The 3-in-1 machines are difficult and fussy but they do work.

And they do break too -- if you get too close to their maximum
thickness.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Cheap Sheet Metal brake Jim Thompson Electronic Schematics 15 December 29th 09 05:59 PM
Sheet metal brake help. Mike Metalworking 1 May 18th 06 10:59 PM
Small sheet metal brake? T i m UK diy 13 May 3rd 06 01:12 AM
Sheet metal brake plans? Terrence McCann Metalworking 1 October 5th 03 06:15 PM
DIY Sheet metal brake. (how to make one) William G Darby Metalworking 11 August 6th 03 10:01 AM