Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default wtb: sheet metal brake

On 2010-01-01, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Jan 1, 1:55*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
Smaller one. *What would be a good older quality American brand, and how
much should I pay? *I'd say 3' long max.

Steve

Pexto, Roper-Whitney, Niagara.
Actually I can't think of a bad older American brand.

Also DiAcro. They made 24" and 36" finger brakes, and I have
one of the 24" size. I am quite happy with it.

If you find one check it carefully for damage, people seriously
overload them.

Certainly so.

I've used larger industrial models of the imports which weren't too
bad. The 3-in-1 machines are difficult and fussy but they do work.

And they do break too -- if you get too close to their maximum
thickness.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564