Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A holiday visit project

A bit of metal content:
http://members.goldengate.net/dforeman/chandelier/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 29, 11:51*pm, Don Foreman
wrote:
A bit of metal content: *http://members.goldengate.net/dforeman/chandelier/

Nice work! Not many metalworkers use nail polish. g
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 30, 8:50*am, "Denis G." wrote:
On Dec 29, 11:51*pm, Don Foreman
wrote:

A bit of metal content: *http://members.goldengate.net/dforeman/chandelier/

Nice work! Not many metalworkers use nail polish. g

Very nice, now does she understand how much you NEED that next tool?

I don't intentionally put it on my fingers, but nail polish in black,
white, red and clear is useful in the shop. The clear also stabilizes
sewing repairs. I paint a white patch on bar stock for the label.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 06:08:05 -0800 (PST), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

On Dec 30, 8:50*am, "Denis G." wrote:
On Dec 29, 11:51*pm, Don Foreman
wrote:

A bit of metal content: *http://members.goldengate.net/dforeman/chandelier/

Nice work! Not many metalworkers use nail polish. g

Very nice, now does she understand how much you NEED that next tool?

I don't intentionally put it on my fingers, but nail polish in black,
white, red and clear is useful in the shop. The clear also stabilizes
sewing repairs. I paint a white patch on bar stock for the label.

jsw

And nail polish is a very good thread locker that will hold a bolt or
screw in an assembly such as a firearm, but is easy to remove.

Scope mounts on rifles for a single noteworthy example.

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 30, 11:46*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 06:08:05 -0800 (PST), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

On Dec 30, 8:50*am, "Denis G." wrote:
On Dec 29, 11:51*pm, Don Foreman
wrote:

[...]

Good ideas! Now I need to find where my wife hides that stuff ....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 06:08:05 -0800 (PST), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

On Dec 30, 8:50*am, "Denis G." wrote:
On Dec 29, 11:51*pm, Don Foreman
wrote:

SNIP

. I paint a white patch on bar stock for the label.

jsw

I use both the original brush on, and the pen type of "white out" for
that purpose. Stuff with brush same as you do, and the pens for
writing directly. Good stuff.

Works as well for building up something a few thou, about the same as
with magic marker or layout blue. If you don't put it on too thick,
it dries pretty quickly, or thick allows you time to "squish fit".

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 11:18:54 -0800 (PST), "Denis G."
wrote:

On Dec 30, 11:46*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 06:08:05 -0800 (PST), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

On Dec 30, 8:50*am, "Denis G." wrote:
On Dec 29, 11:51*pm, Don Foreman
wrote:

[...]

Do like I do...ask mine for the stuff she doesnt use anymore..or go down
and pick up a couple bottles of the worst colors you can imagine on a
woman..so she would be stealing yours.... yellow comes to
mind...green..etc etc

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 15:13:29 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

Do like I do...ask mine for the stuff she doesnt use anymore..or go down
and pick up a couple bottles of the worst colors you can imagine on a
woman..so she would be stealing yours.... yellow comes to
mind...green..etc etc

My missus uses conformal coating for her nails :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 02:30:37 +0000, Mark Rand
wrote:

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 15:13:29 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

Do like I do...ask mine for the stuff she doesnt use anymore..or go down
and pick up a couple bottles of the worst colors you can imagine on a
woman..so she would be stealing yours.... yellow comes to
mind...green..etc etc

My missus uses conformal coating for her nails :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM

Whats that?

Gunner, not into womans stuff.

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 05:50:09 -0800 (PST), "Denis G."
wrote:

On Dec 29, 11:51*pm, Don Foreman
wrote:
A bit of metal content: *http://members.goldengate.net/dforeman/chandelier/

Nice work! Not many metalworkers use nail polish. g

But a good number of heavy equipment operators do!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 15:13:29 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

Do like I do...ask mine for the stuff she doesnt use anymore..or go down
and pick up a couple bottles of the worst colors you can imagine on a
woman..so she would be stealing yours.... yellow comes to
mind...green..etc etc

My missus uses conformal coating for her nails :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM

Whats that?

Gunner, not into womans stuff.

Circuit board varnish :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 15:13:29 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

Do like I do...ask mine for the stuff she doesnt use anymore..or go down
and pick up a couple bottles of the worst colors you can imagine on a
woman..so she would be stealing yours.... yellow comes to
mind...green..etc etc

My missus uses conformal coating for her nails :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM

Whats that?

Gunner, not into womans stuff.

Circuit board varnish :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM

Ah!! So she has green nails?

Kinky!!!

I LIKE it!!!

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 00:54:01 -0500, Gerald Miller
wrote:

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 05:50:09 -0800 (PST), "Denis G."
wrote:

On Dec 29, 11:51*pm, Don Foreman
wrote:
A bit of metal content: *http://members.goldengate.net/dforeman/chandelier/

Nice work! Not many metalworkers use nail polish. g

But a good number of heavy equipment operators do!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

That's been happening for decades - I seem to recall stories from the
late 1940's about a stacked babe in a hot-pink Bullocks Wilshire
designer raincoat popping out of a wrecker, pulling on work gloves,
and hauling off the disabled car.

Quite often there were /very/ chauvinistic comments made about how
this is no job for a lady, and said hot babe would offer to leave and
send out "a man" to do the work in a few hours - but cooler heads
usually prevailed...

(Mom was half-owner of the garage, and National Auto Club had time
limits you had to meet or they cancelled the franchise. If nobody
else was available to drive, she'd leave the bookkeeping for later,
grab her coat and the keys to the spare wrecker, and get to work.)

Good night Mrs. Bergman, Wherever you are...

-- Bruce --
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 02:30:37 +0000, the infamous Mark Rand
scrawled the following:

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 15:13:29 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

Do like I do...ask mine for the stuff she doesnt use anymore..or go down
and pick up a couple bottles of the worst colors you can imagine on a
woman..so she would be stealing yours.... yellow comes to
mind...green..etc etc

My missus uses conformal coating for her nails :-)

What? No West Systems 207?

--
Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven.
Gee, ain't religion GREAT?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Circuit board varnish :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM

Ah!! So she has green nails?

Green, I think that is solder mask.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Circuit board varnish :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM

Ah!! So she has green nails?

Green, I think that is solder mask.

Solder mask comes in a lot of colors, but green is the one commonly
used. I've seen red, blue and black as well. Nasty looking boards.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 05:16:46 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Ah!! So she has green nails?

Kinky!!!

I LIKE it!!!

Gunner

Conformal coating is usually clear. Green nails would indeed be
kinky. More green is even more kinky:

There once was a gal from Azores
Whose body was covered with sores.
The dogs in the street
Would eat the green meat
That hung in festoons from her drawers.

O/T: Holiday Lew Hodgett[_4_] Woodworking 0 September 19th 09 03:08 AM
holiday.... faiz Metalworking 0 August 28th 08 08:53 AM
Going on holiday Janice UK diy 19 November 8th 07 08:34 PM
New UK Holiday Jeff Wisnia Metalworking 1 March 15th 05 03:37 PM
Smoke Alarms in domestic/holiday homes - new build, bank holiday wiring Laurie UK diy 6 August 25th 03 07:02 PM