Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A holiday visit project

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 06:08:05 -0800 (PST), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

On Dec 30, 8:50*am, "Denis G." wrote:
On Dec 29, 11:51*pm, Don Foreman
wrote:

A bit of metal content: *http://members.goldengate.net/dforeman/chandelier/

Nice work! Not many metalworkers use nail polish. g

Very nice, now does she understand how much you NEED that next tool?

I don't intentionally put it on my fingers, but nail polish in black,
white, red and clear is useful in the shop. The clear also stabilizes
sewing repairs. I paint a white patch on bar stock for the label.

jsw

And nail polish is a very good thread locker that will hold a bolt or
screw in an assembly such as a firearm, but is easy to remove.

Scope mounts on rifles for a single noteworthy example.

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766