Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Transformer 12 Kva 240/480 3Phase search.

Still searching for a used, inexpensive surplus transformer 10 to
12Kva 240/480V 3 phase dry type to step-up my 240V 3Phase RPC output
to 480V to run my mill. I am willing to run a step-down version
backwards. Prefer source to be in the Southern California area so I
can pick up instead of paying expensive trucking charges for shipment.
Won't you please direct me to a lead on this. Is there a surplus
business in the area that carries used industrial electric equipment?
Thank you in advance.

Manny
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 07:11:38 -0800 (PST), trg-s338
wrote:

Still searching for a used, inexpensive surplus transformer 10 to
12Kva 240/480V 3 phase dry type to step-up my 240V 3Phase RPC output
to 480V to run my mill. I am willing to run a step-down version
backwards. Prefer source to be in the Southern California area so I
can pick up instead of paying expensive trucking charges for shipment.
Won't you please direct me to a lead on this. Is there a surplus
business in the area that carries used industrial electric equipment?
Thank you in advance.

Manny

How much are you willing to pay?

Gunner, So Cal, with sources all over.

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 14:44:25 -0500, Wes wrote:

trg-s338 wrote:

Still searching for a used, inexpensive surplus transformer 10 to
12Kva 240/480V 3 phase dry type to step-up my 240V 3Phase RPC output
to 480V to run my mill. I am willing to run a step-down version
backwards. Prefer source to be in the Southern California area so I
can pick up instead of paying expensive trucking charges for shipment.
Won't you please direct me to a lead on this. Is there a surplus
business in the area that carries used industrial electric equipment?
Thank you in advance.

Manny

What is your definition of inexpensive?

For reference, I had to buy a 7.5KVA 3pha transformer recenly to deal with a indexing
drive that did not like our ungrounded delta power system. I believe that was just under
800 bucks + shipping.

Wes

At the other end of the scale, I recently sold a 15kVA rainproof
xformer that I had been stubbing my toe on for too long for $75, and
was glad to get it. On the other hand, the guy who bought it drove
from VT to ME to pick it up, and was as happy as I was.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Still searching for a used, inexpensive surplus transformer 10 to
12Kva 240/480V 3 phase dry type to step-up my 240V 3Phase RPC output
to 480V to run my mill. ?
Thank you in advance.
Manny

How much are you willing to pay?
Gunner, So Cal, with sources all over.

At this time, I only have $200.00 for a budget on this, a little tight
I know but times have put a little squeeze on me, at least for a
little while. I probably should wait until I cobble up more mullah
but I am chompin' at the bit to get my mill going to take my mind off
of other stresses at this time. I am keeping the Kva size limited
because my house panel is full ( including my 50A RPC breaker) and I
don't want to trigger the breaker on start up if the transf is too
large. I also am aware that I can wire 3 - 3Kva single phase
transformers in delta and accomplish the same thing but that also has
to be addressed by cost as well as footprint space in my small home
shop.